Friday, February 15, 2013

Love Week!

So many blog posts about Valentine's Day and I love it! I felt inspired to write about our Valentine's! I think Valentine's day is starting to become one of my favorites... Maybe because I just have so much love to give. Oh my gosh gag me that's disgustingly cheesy....

      This week has not been my favorite. I'm pretty sure the only thing that has gotten me through was knowing all the festivities we would get to do because of this love holiday.

Our Valentine's kind of worked it's way through the week instead of just one day. It started off With heart shaped pancakes. Thanks to daddy and his pancake skills. No word of a lie, I can't make pancakes and it really bugs me that Dan is so good at it. He's so talented with a spatula!




Then the day from hell happened so we really didn't take to many pictures of those moments.



Tuesday was much more cheerful and happy. June and I spent the afternoon making cookies, and making a HUGE mess. I LOVE homemade sugar cookies, but they take FOREVER and the cleanup is even more annoying. You pretty much get cookies out of me twice a year.

 She ate more dough than I think I am aware of. We wasted about half the dough because she kept shoveling it her mouth!

Whenever you put socks, or gloves or really anything on her hands she starts flapping like a bird. She loves it and she's weird. 

The cookies turned out pretty good. Dan helped me throw some frosting onto them so that I could get them delivered before valentines day. 

We had fun playing with our Valentine friends and delivering cookies. June was getting ready to have some play time with a friend. 

P.S. Thank goodness for friends, who just seem to get you, and let you vent without judgement. 



 Valentine's Day finally arrived! June and I had lot's to do! We woke up to surprises from daddy! We each got our own flowers and chocolate. We ate the chocolate for breakfast. 

 We Took lot's of pictures and got ready for when Dan got home for his Valentines. 


Those Valentine's necklaces have not left her neck. She screeches if you try to take them off. So I would have to sneak back into her room when she fell asleep to take them off. Gosh what a stink. 

Dan got home from work, and we had a Valentine's scavenger hunt waiting for him all through out the house.

June's Valentine's 

She finally started to come off the sugar high of all the cookies, and candy and non stop craziness.

 After a warm bath, we got her settled down, and she clasped that bear all night. Oh the Oven mitts.
 

June went to bed and Dan and I had the evening to ourselves. I told Dan to go wait in the bedroom while I got dinner ready. Obviously it was take out. I'm not a cook. I'm a total recipe follower. So night's like this we do take out. I set up a whole little restaurant thing in our living room, with lot's of candles and soft music playing in the background. It was sorta romantic. Oh wait I TOTALLY rocked Valentine's day!! It was great!

I really love my Valentines. Maybe this holiday was made up by card company's... AH HALLMARK YOU GOT US AGAIN!

But I don't see anything wrong with giving a little more love on a special day.
Happy Valentine's day a little late.

1 comment:

Cisneros Family said...

Such a fun Valentines Day!! That little June is soooo sweet!