Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Dislocate

Mother of the year... to me. 
   The little Junester dislocated her Elbow and it was super sad. 

Here's how it all went down. 

June has been OBSESSED with being outside and walking up and down our side walk stairs that leads up to our house. As much as I love watching her go up and down she is SUPER SLOW and we had already walked up and down the street for the millionth time, so we (I mean me. Just me.) was ready to go in. We were walking up the stairs and I was just wanting to help her along, so I grab her by the hand like I do ALL THE TIME, and start lifting her up. All of the sudden I hear a horrible crunch sound. I look down at June with horror in my eyes! She has the same look in her face, and then the water works took over. 
     After calming her down, she seemed to be doing better. She was babying her arm, but I thought that maybe it was just sore. I moved her arm around, checked all her fingers, and she seemed to be ok. Dan came home from work and looked her over too. She really seemed ok. 

We went to Dan's softball game and she still wasn't putting full pressure on it, but again I just thought it was sore. 

The next morning, I went to go get her out of bed, and she couldn't even stand up, because she was trying to support her arm. I felt horrible! So Dan came home and we took her to the Doc. Checking in, I explained what happened, and they reassured me that this happens all the time. The Doc came out and was talking and playing with June and all of the sudden POP!! She grabbed June's arm and put in back in place. Again the water works. 

She got extra spoiled because of this small accident and she had to keep her arm in a sling for a few days. We decorated it with stickers, and she got to watch Tinker Bell on the big screen instead of the I-pad. She even had little friends come and stop by to check on her. 

On a side note: This girl is crazy about Tinker bell. She drags the I-pad around and wont watch anything else but Tinker Bell. haha Oh that girl.

We are ok now. She is in full force with the arm again, and falling on it and all. I am doing my best to not pick her up by the arm. 

So it was all my fault and it was  Sad sad day at our house.




Doing some Tinker Bell watching. Her little face. I mean it just melts me

1 comment:

Powell's Place said...

I grab Gran'ts arm ALL the time when he's being so slow! I guess I'll take it easy now :). Glad to hear she's all right.