Friday, March 8, 2013

Canadian Grandparent's and their visit


Dan's parent's came and visited us this past week. June always has a good time when grandparent's come and visit. She get's so much hugs and kisses! This was their first time visiting us here in Texas, so it was fun to show them around, and show them the house and all that jazz. 

I didn't take a whole lot of pictures. I wasn't really feeling my best this past week, so I tried my best using my i-phone and Dan took charge of our big camera, and he isn't to thrilled about snapping pictures all the time. He's more of a "Living in the moment" kind of guy, which is ok with me. 

They came Saturday night and were here until Thursday, so we had lot's of time to show them around and catch up!


Sunday we went to church at our friends ward since they were blessing their baby girl! It's always fun going to blessings! I just have always loved them, and these are very close friends, so it made it even better! 

After church, and naps we walked down to the duck pond and fed the ducks. One of June's new favorite activities. We walk down there probably everyday since we live so close. It's a great escape. She eats more of the bread than she throws but I say when hunger strikes you eat what you got! 

Duck Feedng

We then had fun talking and watching June and her smartness. This girl is beyond her age. No really though, look how straight those blocks are. 

Monday we woke up and headed down town. We were excited to go to the new Perot, pronounced P-e-r-o. It's a science museum and it was amazing! They had a fantastic children's play place. June was in heaven. So was Daddy. 

Here she doesn't look to thrilled.... 








We had lot's of fun there. We loved it so much we ended up getting a seasons pass. We are excited to take friends there and have play dates. 



after another afternoon of naps and talking we went and had dinner at one of our favorite Japanese places. 


Tuesday we chatted some more. Had lunch and BJ's and ended up going shopping at the outlets. The Lancaster's are not very big on shopping, but it actually turned out fun. Grandma bought her a new little dress and Dan and I even got some clothes, so it was fun. 

Wednesday, we were able to go the temple, which was great. It had been a while since Dan and I have been so it felt really good to be back. Then we really just talked some more. Now the Lancaster's they are TALKERS! I think we covered every subject on the planet over the week! I always leave knowing so much more information! We had a great little BBQ and ended the evening with taking pictures and... you guessed it! Talked! 



Thursday, Dan had to go back to work, and June and I took Grandma and Grandpa to the airport. It was great having them here. It was fun for them to see June and how much she has grown!

That morning after dropping them off, we went out and enjoyed the sunshine. It was a beautiful day! We had no choice. We went and bought sidewalk chalk and blew bubbles all morning.




By the time lunch rolled around we were all exhausted. I think the excitement of the week finally caught up to us all. June didn't even make it through lunch and I was right there with her. We both crashed and took a good long nap!!



It was a fantastic week. Ok I say fantastic way to much, and I can't seem to stop! and honestly it bugs me. I really don't like the word, but here I am constantly saying it. Annoyed. 

No comments: