Monday, June 10, 2013

The Girls came to Texas

Just sitting here, with a blank page and curser flashing, thinking to myself how in the world do I put this past week with my sister's and mom here into words. So much to write about, but I can't stop laughing. 

Lot's to say and Loads of pictures. 

I have a very special bond with my sister's and mom. We are a very close bunch. In fact my whole family is very close, but us girls seem to always keep things interesting. I love how close we are, I truly can say that they are my best friends. 


The Texas plan started 6 months ago, when the decision was made to make the trip to Texas, to see where I live and what life is like down here in the south. I hardly slept a wink the night before, because I was so excited, and just wanted them to get here so bad. I mean 6 months is a long time to wait, so when the day arrived I was full of anticipation! 

Meg was the first to arrive with Sammi, and the fun started instantly. June and Sammi are only 3 months apart so we love getting these girls together. We hope that they stay close cousins, even though we live so far apart. We spent the day, shopping for supplies for Sammi, and getting ready for the next load of girls to come. The little ones went to bed, and Me and Meg, headed to the airport. 

There they were. Waiting for their luggage, and I just ran to them and started yelling, HELLO HELLO!! It's been six months since I have seen these girls and that is way to long! In fact that's the longest  I have ever gone not seeing my sisters and mom. Hoping that, that is the longest. We made the drive with lots of chatter and catching up. We didn't want to miss a beat. Though they came in on Wednesday, and weren't leaving until Sunday, We knew how fast the week would go, and seriously didn't want to waste anytime! 

We arrived at the house, and headed straight for the backyard. It was a beautiful night, so it was fun to wade our feet in the pool, and just let the girls relax from the flight. 


Michelle, and Meg

Our problem is, never knowing when to call it a night. We could stay up until the crack of dawn, talking, and just hanging out, but we eventually forced ourselves to go to bed, and getting an early start in the morning. That night, we had a huge thunder and lightening storm. It was great! A little bit of a rough night sleep for everyone, especially those who were thinking a tornado was going to hit any second, but we made it through the storm, and laughed about it the next morning. 

If you know my family, they are no slackers. They run, and workout no matter where they are. I feel like I didn't get that gene. Though I pretend, and continue to run, and workout, I don't think i enjoy it as much as they do. Lucky me, I am pregnant and couldn't go as hard core as they do. They are a great inspiration to me, though not enough to run a marathon, or a ragnar, or climb a mountain. Maybe someday. 

We took off down the trails near my house, and while they all went for a run, I stayed behind with the little girls, and walked to the park with them. 



We got home, and didn't waste a minute. We prettied ourselves up, and we were ready to hit the town, and get our shop on! 

My sister brooke, is seriously the child whisperer. I have never seen someone who is so good with little kids, and every little kid loves her. No really though, I am not just saying this. It's so crazy how much little kids flock to her. 

June and Sam. Yes, June is the older one, but my daughter is just a pebble in your pocket. 

We started our shopping at "The Galleria". A HUGE mall that has every store. It just is massive. We had lunch, did our damage, and decided to head over to the outlets. 
weird

We continued to do our damage, as we made our way around Grapevine. I always love shopping with my sister's. I love being the little devil in their ear telling them that they need to buy something, and they usually do. It's just fun.

Dan had to work on Thursday, so we took the little ones shopping with us. They were so good, for having no naps, and constantly being on the go. They hardly made a peep the whole day! 

June and her little shopping buddies. 

So it was raining, and it was a little dark out on the way to the outlets. I turned the lights on, and since I was driving Dan's car, completely forgot to to turn them off since I was used to my car lights. The battery died....

Of course it did. We had a little moment of panic and then we handled the situation quite well. There was a man there who came to our rescue and helped us. "Michelle's boyfriend" and the car started right up. Just something to add to the list. 

We came home and rested up a bit from so much shopping! Got the girls calmed down, and then got ready to go to dinner.... First a little play time at the pool. 



One of Dan and I's favorite restaurant is a Japanese place called Abi's. I took them there for our first night out. They all loved it. And even Meg, the New Yorker, called it authentic, and she knows her food. Trust me. It was fun to just eat and catch up. 

That night, we stayed up way to late, talking and laughing until our stomachs hurt. We are so random at what we talk about, but some how it ends up with all of us laughing to tears, and having a hard time catching our breath.

Of course that next morning, we went for another run. My mom stayed with me, and the girls, and just took a little stroll. It was a lot nicer of a day. We didn't have the rain pelting in our faces, so we went to our little park and played for a while.

Sammi LOVED ranger. She followed him around all week, and would get so excited when he would let her pet him. 




The girls came back to the park, and did a little more exercising, "Challenge style" and I watched and made fun of them. Gosh I am so lazy. 


Dan had to work until noon, so we decided to just take it easy, and get some sun rays by the pool. We set up a little spot for the girls, so we could enjoy some pool time. These two just melt my heart when they are together. 


It was a beautiful day, and we were loving the sun!
Dan came home, and us girls headed to "Spa Castle". I made all the girls swag bags, and inside were tickets to spend a day at the spa. This place is incredible and We had a blast. My dad pitched in so that we could all get pedicures, manicures, massages or whatever we really wanted to do. THANKS DAD!! 



I honestly, truly honestly, can't post on here what this day was like. Us Mendenhall girls took this spa day to a whole new level. I really can't even write about it, it's just to0 much. I know, that's super annoying to those who weren't there, but just trust me, this day changed things. 

Oh man, this day was amazing. My abs were literally sore from laughing so hard. 


We relaxed and enjoyed all the amenities that this place has to offer. There wasn't a thing that we missed doing. The girls were able to take advantage of a little more than me, because of the growing belly, but it was fun to just hangout, and let them enjoy it all. Anything for these girls.  


Though it was a very relaxing day, we were all pretty water logged and exhausted, so we decided to do some grilling. Dan threw some chicken on the BBQ and we had fresh fruit, and veggies  It was VERY delicious! 

That night was a movie and party mix kind of night. We were all so tired, we could barley keep our eyes open. 

I love watching June interact with her aunts. There is just so much love in my family, that it's overwhelming! 
Saturday, We decided to let Dan take the girls for one more time in the morning and went shopping. The Galleria was our first stop. There were a few things that were needed that didn't get bought the first day, so we took another trip over there. Then made our way to "Sam moon". We took that shopping center by storm...

Wigs make everyone feel happy

The morning was coming to a close and we thought we better get back before the girls needed to be put down for naps. Once they were down, we took another dip into the pool, and took in more sun. After the spa day, I didn't know how we could stand swimming again, but we did and we loved it. Dan was even able to head out for the afternoon and go golfing with his crew. 

We stayed out there until the girls woke up from their naps and splashed around some more with them. 




My sister used to be a life guard/ swim teacher, so she was teaching June some new tricks for the pool, and giving me pointers on how to teach her how to swim.






Michelle teaching June the "hang loose" Sign. Too many marshmellows in her hand! 
After another long day of swimming and sun, we decided it would be best to not let our last night go to waste. The girlies got ready for bed, and us older girls got ready to head downtown Dallas. 

My sister's and mom are so beautiful! We are similar, but so different in different ways. We definitely are sister's and people always comment on how much a like we are. I love it. 


Down town Dallas was fun to walk around in, and flash a few more pics. We went to the spot where John F. Kennedy was shot, and we took a few pics of the landscapes and what was around. We were starving though, So we didn't spend to much time down there. 



Dinner was eaten down on Mckinney Ave. Where we laughed some more, and more inside jokes, that probably no one else will find funny, so I will spare you, but just thinking back I am laughing so hard. 

We got home about eleven, and the girls sadly started getting ready to head home the next day. I made some caramel popcorn and we stayed up way to late again, but it was just sad knowing that tonight was the last night. 

The next morning, I woke up with a bit of sadness, knowing that this trip, that has been planned for 6 months, is finally coming to an end. I drove them all to the airport and then just like that they were gone. It went by way to fast. 

I came home, and started getting everything cleaned up. Finding little bits and pieces of them that were left behind. It's always a sad day when fun things end, but of course it must. 


The pool was looking so lonely without all of them in it. I miss them. 
Like I said. There are so many things that I just can't write on here. There are too many inside jokes, small moments that literally made you stop breathing because you are laughing to hard, and just things that are meant to be kept between us girls. It seriously was a trip of a lifetime for me to have them here, and experience the things we did. I love them all so much, and I love the relationship that I have with them. We truly have an exceptional family, and I am so grateful to be apart of it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had such a good time with your sister's and mom! My sister is coming from London next Thursday and I am over the top excited. So this post just got me more pumped to spend that sisterly time that I am missing so much.

... said...

Guess who just cried reading this post? This guy. Miss all of you so much!