Thursday, June 13, 2013

We're Half Way!

It's true, that the second pregnancy is a little bit different. You are still beyond excited to be having a baby, but I feel a little more distracted this go around, chasing after a 20 month old, and I guess just having a little more confidence in myself that everything is going to be ok. Not everything has to be planned and figured out right at this moment. It's  a good feeling, but I also feel bad because I seem to not keep track of the little guy as much as I did with June, and I am always forgetting how far along I am. With June I felt I was counting the minutes, but it definitely has made this pregnancy go by so much faster. 
I mean, I haven't even taken a single belly shot until 20 weeks with this guy. I do feel really bad about it, and I told myself that from here on out I would be better at documenting this pregnancy. My poor little boy, I don't want him feeling left out. 

 Today, we had a doctor's appointment. It was an ultrasound day, and those are the best days. I LOVE seeing him on that screen, just constantly moving and thrashing around. And I feel it! Dan was able to make it today, so he got to see him also. 

June just patiently waiting until we are called to the back. 
When we were in the ultrasound room, and the tech put on the heartbeat, June got so excited. Mostly because of the noise, but her reaction was the best. The Ultrasound tech, could not get over how funny June was being about it. Ah! I love her. 

Ok, so now that we now a little more measurements, here is a full scale pregnancy update on myself, and the babe. 

UPDATE: ME



FAR ALONG AND MEASUREMENTS: I am 20 weeks and 4 days along. My stomach is at 11cm, and I have lost a total of 6 pounds, but gained 2 back at this last appointment. I Love being told to put on weight. I am measuring right where I am supposed to be. I am carrying a lot lower with the mister, than I was with June, so my pants are starting to get a little snug, but no maternity clothes yet! I am feeling fat, and knowing that it's just pregnancy, but this part of pregnancy always gets me down a bit, because I don't like people thinking I'm fat. Therefore the thing to do, is just announce your pregnant to everyone. It helps. Ya, I really do just blurt it out to complete strangers. haha I'll stop once the belly becomes a bit more noticeable. 

EMOTIONS: Totally back to normal. I LOVE LOVE LOVE being pregnant. I really do. Especially the 2nd trimester. I am full swing with energy, and I am a bottomless pit when it comes to food. I don't have any irrational breakdowns, and I only have cried over two commercials. Especially the cheerios commercial with the baby?! Oh Man, That one is a real tear jerker, get's me every time.  I really am feeling fantastic and very happy about it. 

CRAVINGS: Really any food is hitting the spot right now. I eat lot's of cereal, especially at night. I have a bowl... or two, every night before going to bed.  I have really been downing cucumbers with vinegar, and just a dash of salt and pepper. I have that with 90% of my meals. Vinegar on really anything at this point is good, but then again, I have always been a vinegar girl. 

LOVE MOST: Obviously at this point, my most favorite thing is feeling him move. It's always at night while laying on my back, or when June sits on my lap for too long. I am so excited for those kicks to get stronger, so Dan and June can feel them. 

SCARED ABOUT: At this point I am mostly scared about what kind of personality he will have. I know I have said this a hundred times, but June is such a good and easy little girl, and she was such an easy baby. There is no way I can luck out twice. I am worried he is just going to be a little devil, and be a path of destruction. I know it's stupid, because I will love him to matter what, but right now, It's a fear I have. Oh and the penis... A little worried about the pee situation. 

UPDATE: BABY BOY






HOW FAR ALONG AND MEASUREMENTS: He is measuring at 20 weeks and 2 days, weighing at 12oz. He is the size of a banana. About 7 in long. Head and body measurements are all right on track. His heart is beating at 150bpm


BODY PARTS: He has two legs and two arms, and it appears to have all 10 fingers and all 10 toes. That of course is not guaranteed, but it's looking pretty good. His stomach looks good, and he has all four chambers in his heart that are just beating away. All of his organs are placed in the proper place, and we saw two eyes, a nose and a mouth. (A little creepy...)

NAME: No name. Not even close. Boy names are way harder than girl names. Girl names can be cute and weird, but a boy name needs to hold a certain amount of manhood to it. Our biggest thing is giving him a name that, yes is cute as a little boy, but will be respected as a man later on in life. Any suggestions would be great... Oh, but also no weird Utah names. You know the ones with weird spellings, and that really don't make any sense as a name at all?!? Ya, I know you are thinking of a few! haha.

So there you have it. We are half way, and so far it's been a smooth ride. We really are so excited to really start getting things prepared for the little guy.

No comments: