Wednesday, June 26, 2013

For Days When I feel like a Bad Mom

No, not today. Today has been a very good day, and a sweet lady made it even better.

    June and I were at the dollar store getting random things, when an older lady, maybe mid 50's, stepped in front of my cart. She had tears in her eyes, and looked at June, then at me. She said "You are a wonderful mother."She said that she couldn't help but stop and watch us, as we went up and down the isles, and how much we communicated with each other. She was so happy to see a mother engaged in her daughters wants and not just simply saying no. She told me again, "you are a wonderful mother" She started to cry a little bit, and just continued to tell me how she can see how much I love my daughter, and to cherish her. That a mother and daughter relationship is very special. 

    I honestly didn't know what to say. Her words really touched my heart, and really made me feel so good inside. That without even knowing it, people see me as a good mother. I am not writing this to toot my own horn, but I do give myself a pat on the back. I feel like sometimes we are so hard on ourselves as mothers, when really, we are wonderful moms. I am not perfect. I am not a perfect mom, but I am a wonderful mom. I was meant to be a mom. This truly is my calling, and I am happy that it reflects to other people. There will be days when I will need to read this. To remember how a complete stranger saw me, and could see that I am doing my best, and that I am a wonderful mother. 

P.S. June and I went and got a shaved ice this afternoon, and let me just say, getting a shaved ice is NEVER a wrong decision. 


1 comment:

Ellen Davenport said...

Les, I don't know if you know this but I read your blog. And I LOVE it! You are totally an awesome mom! And I love that you know it. And its okay to know it. : ) I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I agree, you were totally meant to be a mom! Congrats and hooray for your #2!
Love Ellen