Tuesday, July 2, 2013

An Itsy Bitsy Celebration

Canada's Independence day was yesterday, and having a little Canadian family, I knew we needed to do a little celebrating! 

It wasn't anything big, really, but we did do a few extra things to make the day a little more special. 

Dan had to work, obviously, but we made the most of our day. We invited one of June's little friends, Easton, to come spend the morning with us. I truly am falling in love with how much June plays with her little friends. She actually plays with them nowand not just around them. She learns so much from them, good and bad, but I love her interaction with them, and that she is starting to make those little relationships. It really melts my heart. 


We went to the splash park, and these two just took off together. They didn't even need me around.




 Nap time in the water

They just laid there and were talking complete jibberish to each other, but then they would laugh, and do it all over again. It was pretty funny, and also annoying to the older kids there, who were having to run around them. 

 After a couple of hours at the splash park, we went and got lunch from Sonic and then took it to the park. I really should have taken them to McDonalds, but I was having some serious Sonic cravings, so the pregnant lady won.

We played at the park for a while, and walked around picking the grass and pointing out ducks. Giving high fives was the highlight of the day though. 


It was past nap time, so I loaded up the kids and we headed back to Easton's house. The whole way over there, they were laughing so hard at each other in the back seat. It was such an amazing sound. I will be honest, it totally made me excited knowing that I will have two kids back there soon, and that the jibber jabber will be all the time. We dropped Easton off, chatted a bit his mom and then headed home for some much needed naps. Ya, both of us. 

I woke up a little before June, and decided to make some Red and White cookies for Canada Day. No matter how much RED food coloring you put into a product it does NOT turn red, just pink. I ended up using my whole bottle of food coloring, but this was as good as it got! They are more like Valentine Cookies... but still, totally the thought that counts. 


June woke up, and we decorated the house a little bit, and colored some Canadian pictures. We colored the flag and a Mountie (Their police men) 


Dan came home from work, and June was so excited to show him her picture. I just had to get a picture. 



Once our evening got a little settled down, we went to our driveway to throw some rock pops and little fire crackers. Just to end our little celebration. June loved them! I am so excited for the 4th and for her to play with even more fire works! 





(Sunday's Picture)
They both fell asleep while I was making dinner, and I just had to post this picture. 
          

I truly love my Canadian Family. I love knowing that my children have rights in two different Countries, that they have a heritage a little different than a lot of other people. I know Canada is not all that different than America, but it is. Little subtle things that just make them a little bit different. A little more unique, and every once in a while, Dan reverts back to his Canadian ways, and I love it. It's him.
Happy Canada Day Everyone!

No comments: