Friday, July 5, 2013

Our 4th

Oh America. What a great Country to be apart of. I truly am proud to be an American. Cheesy? You bet, but we all know that being an American is super awesome. 

Our day was spent in Texas, where the Proud of the Proud come from. Gosh I love being a Texan! 

Independence day is not a slack off day. It is a morning until midnight kind of day, where you don't catch your breath until you hit your head on your pillow that night, It's a thrill, if you do it right, and I love that feeling. 

We started our day with a parade which was super short and super lame. A total disappointment, but we were with great friends, and we made it a great morning. We even found ourselves chowing down on doughnuts and Kolache's. 

Just to remember: June was super awesome that morning... Woke up with an eye swollen shut, She threw a couple of tantrums, didn't want to sit next to anyone, kept stealing peoples candy, and felt the need to glare at anyone who dared come near her.  All in all, awesome parade for June. A little to early for her to wake up I guess. 





You can just see the attitude in her face. No one was going to bother her, and no one was going to touch that sucker other than her. 

Thank goodness for her little buddies. These little girls can always make June happy 

and daddy of course... 


She finally showed a little excitement and waved her little flag, today was a day to celebrate her American side! 




Don't worry they weren't just sitting there, in fact by the end of the parade these fella's had come up with a whole game plan for how they would be in the parade for next year... I think they really are planning on doing it. I guess whatever makes them happy? 

After the parade and breakfast, we all said so long for now, and took the little one's home for  naps.. A MUCH NEEDED NAP! June slept for close to 4 hours... The grump in her really needed it, and I was happy to have my little happy girl back for the rest of the day. 

Dan and I decided to throw our first annual pool party! We have the house, the pool, the people, so we thought why not?!? Perfect opportunity to gather and feast on food and swim. 



 











June is super, allergic to bug bites. Like really bad, we have been the medical center too many times to be treated with antibiotics, because she swells like a balloon... The day before, being outside all day like we are, she got bit something and the eye closed up! Thankfully the swelling went down during the day...
 

Our friends had bought a big pack of fire poppers and little fireworks for the kids, so we went out front and used those all up! The kids were LOVING IT, obviously not as much as the adults, but still... 






 Afterword, we all headed out back for a little more swimming. 5 hours later we were all exhausted... I'm not sure how we all lasted that long swimming, but we had a really fun time, and we loved having friends over to celebrate our right to celebrate.
We really did call it a night. Mostly. So here's the thing... I really am a sentimental person, maybe too sentimental. I don't want to miss anything, any experience, and moment that I know I will look back on and be happy I pushed through the cranky kids and tired parents eyes, to make memories and say, Yes, that year we did it all! Is it worth it all the time? No. In fact it blows up in my face all the time, but  the other times are epic. 

So even after the craziest, funnest, and most tiring day, I dragged my little family out to go watch the fireworks, and yes, I am so happy that I did. It may have been 3 hours past June's bed time, and June probably won't remember, maybe it was stupid, but I remember, I know that I try to make every experience count and that is what I want out of life. 





We had fun watching the fire works over Castle Hills lake. We sat there together as a little family, June on my lap and Dan holding my hand, with a little baby boy kicking inside me, letting me know he's there too. It was such a great ending to such an amazing day. 

Now for my Patriotic-ness: I am an American. I am so grateful that I get to be from this Country, and have the freedoms I do have, down to the smallest one's that I take for granted every single day. I really don't even think I comprehend how hard people fight for this country, what they give up, and what they do to provide me with such a privilege to use the word "free". I guess all I can say is thank you. It is a privilege to know my rights, to know that my family is protected, and that justice is fair and equal... (Shut up all you, who say... "Well Mostly".) haha, I am proud to teach my children the heritage of our Country, and to let them know they will always have rights here and be free. It is a blessing to call this place home and I don't think we realize enough of. I really do love this Country, and I am proud to be an American. 













1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com