Friday, July 26, 2013

Friends Came to Stay

We got back from Canada Saturday night, and it was so nice to be back into our own beds again. I was still sick, and June had caught my cold. We needed a good long nights rest in our comfort zones. 

The fun was not about to slow down! Adam, Nicole and Jason would arrive that Thursday to spend a long weekend here in Dallas. We were so excited! Adam is one of Dan's best friends. He is apart of TEAM B.A.D. (Brady, Adam, Dan). I am sure that I have talked about this before. Nicole is Adams wife, and Jason became a part of the clan through our college years back at BYU-Idaho. These boys are all Geologists, and they LOVE getting together and talking about it! 

So here is the thing. I took no pictures except for 2. I have a good reason though, June was super sick. More sick than she has ever been, and it was awful. Let's just start from the top. 

Adam and Nicole arrived Thursday, late night from Vancouver, Canada. I was feeling a lot better, still had a bit of a cough, but I could actually hold my head up and feel like a functional human being. We chit chatted for a bit, and then headed off to bed. 

The next Day we all went and did a little shopping. June was starting to get a little worse, but nothing we hadn't handled before. The boys golfed in the morning, and then we went and hit up the malls.  Did a little swimming until Jason arrived from Oklahoma. June woke up from her nap super cranky and I knew it was going to be a long night. 

We had so much fun catching up, listening to the boys talk geology, and just taking it easy. I really wish we lived closer to these people so we could see them more on a regular basis. 

Saturday we convinced Jason to buy an i-pad and we went and had some delicious Sugar Queen Cupcakes. June had taken a turn for the worst. We got back home and I decided it would be best if I stayed home, so they all went and played Top Golf, while I tried to put June to sleep. A fever, runny nose and cough is a horrible mixture to put a child to bed. I felt so guilty for even taking her out that morning, but I felt guilty for not spending more time with our friends. It was all in all a frustrating day with June. 

So no pictures from Top Golf. They seemed to all have had a great time. We swam a bit more until later that night, where we had tickets for a baseball game. We love baseball and we go all the time with June, so we knew it would be a fun thing for all of us to do. Except June's fever still was high, and she literally couldn't breath she was coughing so much, and her little nose was raw. 

Once again I stayed home, while everyone went off to the baseball game. Again They seemed to all have a good time! Meanwhile at home... 

June was coughing up so much mucus that she started choking on it. I had to shove my finger down her throat to scoop it out, and finally got enough where she could throw up the rest up... along with everything else and on everything else. Including Range. I think she felt better after that. We got in the bath, and then went straight to bed. I was able to get Range washed and myself cleaned off and showered, and enjoyed a quiet night. I was sad to have missed the baseball game, and again another chance to hangout with friends. 

I talked to my mom earlier that day, to see about medication. I called June an inconvenience  and after realizing what I said, I cried for a while because I felt so guilty for saying that. Here my poor little thing is, her body just achy and just wanting nothing but her mama and I called her an inconvenience. I felt so guilty for that, but I also felt so guilty for not being a better host and spending time with people who made the trip out here to see us. Just one of those days I guess. 


Sunday, Dan was being sustained as Young Men's President and I really didn't want to miss it, though June was feeling a little better, but she was still pretty sick. I decided to take her just until after the Sacrament and then headed home. I really didn't want to miss him being sustained. 
Nicole, Adam, and Jason went to Six Flags and spent a few hours there, until they realized that the Texas heat and roller coaster rides don't really mix. They came home and we all laid down for a bit. Dan came home from the rest of church, we had dinner and we said goodbye to Jason. 

Monday Adam and Nicole were heading home, but not until later, so we went and had lunch, then went and walked around the Perot Museum. June seemed to have a bit more energy that day, so I thought I would come along for a few hours. I only got a couple pictures here. I don't think I have ever lacked so much in taking pictures. It was sad and weird. 


She still wasn't feeling well, but she still seemed to keep a smile on her little face. 



 After the Museum we headed home to get Adam and Nicole all packed up. We said our goodbyes and Dan took them to the airport.

It really was so much fun having them here. I was happy that they had fun and that Dan was able to spend more time with them all. I obviously wish June hadn't been so sick, but that's what being a mother is all about. I thought that out of 21 months, if this is the first time that I had to choose between my child and missing out on things, than we have been doing pretty darn good, and I have a pretty darn good lady. I sure do love her.









No comments: