Thursday, July 18, 2013

25 Week Update!

Another 5 weeks has passed! I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going! I felt I would die by the time June arrived because time was going so slow, and now I wish it would slow down, because I have nothing prepared! 

I failed again at taking more belly pictures. But I at least attempted to get the 25 week one. I think every 5 weeks is a good indication of where I am. 

I also Fail at taking self pictures of the belly. I really wanted to get this update done before our friends fly into tonight and then I don't get a chance to do a 25 week update and then it all just falls apart from there, so I knew I had to do it this afternoon. Dan isn't home to take a picture of my growing belly, so I had to do it all on my own. 

I don't know how girls are so good at taking pictures of themselves in the mirror with their I-phones. I seriously could not do it. The concentration it took just to keep the camera from shaking was more than I could handle. So I took the best one I had from my I-phone and am posting it on here, just to show how I obviously am not meant to take selfies in the mirror. 

           

And then yes, I totally did it. I pulled out my camera and put it on the tri-pod set a self timer and snapped a picture. That was even harder. I know I love this little boy, but to go to this much trouble for a belly picture? Well my attempts clearly were not all that great: 

  

I was over it by this point, and took one more, closed the camera and thought good enough. I will now remind myself to make sure that I have Dan take the belly update pictures. Again not meant to take self pictures.... 

So here is where we are 25 weeks into pregnancy: 

UPDATE ME:


FAR ALONG AND MEASUREMENTS: Today I am 25 weeks and 4 days. I have gained a total of 9 lbs through my whole pregnancy up to this point. Not bad. Not bad at all. I am doing a lot better this go around than I did with the weight with June, So that's a plus! I definitely am pregnant now, and people are noticing more that I am pregnant also. People are so much more nicer to you when your pregnant, and it's even better when you have a little one tagging behind you. The treatment you get is fantastic! 

EMOTIONS: Keeping the emotions at bay! I'm emotional to begin with, but it helps knowing that the random tears at random times comes from the pregnancy... or does it? Not sure. I think I am getting more irritated these past few weeks, my patience has been extra short, and I feel like little things set me off more than they used to. Dan likes to warn me now when he is about to say something that he knows could set me off... I worry he's a little afraid of me right now. Oh to be married to a pregnant lady. Sorry my love. 

CRAVINGS: Not so much cravings, but just wanting to eat ALL THE TIME! I go through a box of cereal in one day. No really. I went through a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch literally in one day. Did it worry me? A little... I have tried to slow it down, but I still eat a lot of cereal, it's my go to. 

LOVE MOST: That Dan and June have felt the baby. It's my absolute favorite time when Dan get's to feel him! June mostly finds it annoying, because it's usually while she is sitting on my lap. She turns around and pushes really hard to make him stop. We are working on being nice to baby inside mama's tummy. 

SCARED ABOUT: Really not so much with the baby this go around. I kind of had a break through and realized how excited I am for this little boy. I'm ready to have a newborn again, and I can't tell you how much of a relief that is! I think the biggest thing right now on my mind, is switching rooms with June and putting her in a big kid bed. I think she's ready, but I am scared to attempt it. Also just getting both rooms ready. We are doing a total remodel of both bedrooms and it's going to be a lot of work. Time is becoming an issue with so many things going on, and lot's more things coming up! I am secretly hoping I can convince Dan to do some painting while I'm in Idaho for 2 weeks... maybe... if I'm real nice. 


UPDATE: BABY BOY




HOW FAR ALONG AND MEASUREMENTS: Not a whole lot to report here, since we didn't have an ultrasound this past appointment, but supposedly he is the size of an Eggplant (9.2 in 2 lbs)
We did get to hear his heartbeat and it's at 151 bpm. Good strong heartbeat! LOVE IT!

NAME: Nope, not even close. We have a few names that we haven't completely veto'd out, but nothing that has stuck! It's tricky business naming your children, and I am hoping that one of these days a name will just stick. June's name was already decided at this point, so we would like to get things rolling in the name department, but I guess it will come when it comes!

RANDOM THINGS: Dan and I have a good laugh at ourselves looking back, when we were preparing for June. Holy cow we over did everything! At 25 weeks with June we basically had her nursery finished and things hung on the wall, and with this little guy we seem to not be as in big of a rush, or we just are running out of days. I admit that I like the second pregnancy much more. I feel more in control, I know what to prepare for more, and I feel more confident in things, and not panicking over the tiniest pull or twinge on my stomach. I know it's normal.  I just like to think back to those moments and really laugh at myself. I really over exaggerated things all the time! Let's hope I can keep the calm about baby # 2 as long as possible!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

The second pregnancy I swear is easier than the first and I totally agree that the second time around with an infant is WAY easier. The first month is the biggest adjustment with two kids but after that it becomes normal life again! You look amazing by the way, I'm so jealous of how skinny you are!