Sunday, October 20, 2013

She's Two


                 

Dear June, 

     A two year old! Where has the last year gone?!? I definitiely think that this second year has gone by way faster than the first year did! Sweetheart, mommy always has a hard time writing these letters to you, simply because there is just to much to say and not enough words to actually express how much I love you. This year, is particularly hard.
      Baby brother is coming in just a few days, and I don't know how to prepare you for this. I am so glad that your daddy and me were able to have a special birthday weekend with you, just as a last little outing as a family of three. I really hope that you understand that you will always have a very special place in my heart. You were my first. You are what made me a mother. I learn from you every single day, and your siblings are so lucky that they have you as an example. As an older sister to guide them and lead them down the right path, and probably the wrong a few times here and there. 
     I hope that this birthday was a little bit more special just being us three. We won't have those moments very often anymore, though I hope we still make time for special little outings... Daddy cannot wait to take you on daddy daughter dates. You are his bud, his little side kick, and he loves you with everything that he has. 
     June, you are so full of wonder and happiness. You do things at your own pace, and don't seem to mind if it's slow or fast. You are such a sweet spirit. You really do find happiness in everything. You are so excited to learn new things and discover the world around you. You are meek and mild, but you definitiely have your crazy moments too. People love you for being so sweet and already considerate. You are such a big helper around the house, and you always want to help me with whatever chore I am doing, and you pick up your toys without throwing a huge fit. You love to clean, which I am super grateful for. That is a trait that I hope you maintain, to keep an orderly home as you grow up! Trust me, your husband will appreciate it one day! 
     You are a little sassy with me, but want nothing more than to please your daddy. No is a word you do not enjoy hearing and when I tell you, you can't do something you say "Go away mommy". I'm pretty sure you have never said that to your dad. 



You know when you have pushed your limits too far, and you know exactly how to get out of it, by giving me a giant hug and saying "I'm sorry mommy" and seal it with a kiss. You are very aware of other's emotions, and say sorry,even when you have done nothing wrong. I'm not really sure where you learned that from, but somewhere you picked it up, and you now use it when you feel someone is sad or angry with you. It just kills my heart when you get in trouble and run up to me saying sorry mommy. How do I stay angry at that face?!


I can't help but watch you play, as your imagination has exploded these past few months. Your mannerisms are so much different now when you play with toys. You create games with your toys, and you actually play with them like they are real, instead of just throwing them around. You are finding more and more creative ways to play with your toys around the house. 
     June I can go on and on of all the things that make you the perfect June, but I will save that for your two year update. 
I just wanted to write you a note, to let you know that this past year has been the best yet, and I know that they are just going to keep getting better and better. You are my world. You are still my absolute favorite little girl and I cannot wait for what next year's adventures will bring for us. Life is about to change so much, but I know that we can do it together and you really are my best friend. 
      We are so lucky to be your parents. Beyond Lucky. I like to pretend that we are just really good parents, but we know that everything you are is because that's just who you are. We could not have asked for a better first child. You are so good and just so much fun to be around. Thank you for making our job a lot easier! 


Ju Ju's, HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY!! 
We love you more than words can ever say. 

Love, Mom 

No comments: