Friday, October 11, 2013

Update at 38 Weeks Prego!

Holy Smokes 38 weeks. This was the last belly picture I took of June's pregnancy and the last update I did. I'm not sure if this will be my last update or not with this pregnancy. I guess we will see if anything exciting happens in the next week and a half! Either way it's time to be done being pregnant. 

I very much enjoy pregnancy, up until this point. I would totally take the first few months of pregnancy... maybe because I have easy pregnancies, but still...  It just kind of gets old, peeing every 5 seconds, not being able to bend over, using every ounce of energy I have during the day, and then not being able to sleep at night, peeing in cups at the Doctors office, and so on and so forth with my complaints. The last month for me is a struggle. I'm huge, I waddle and I am beyond ready for this baby to come! 


We had a Doctor's appointment yesterday and you better believe I peed in a cup for the hundredth time! 
It was a fun appointment though! We had a sonogram, which most likely means we won't see the little guy until he is wrapped up in my arms! Dan was able to come, and we set a date to be induced! Good appointment. 

If I don't go into labor before, I will be induced on the 24th of October. My Doc still isn't sure if I will go in the night before or early that morning. My parents have booked their flights for the 23rd and will get here mid afternoon, so if everything goes according to plan, my parents will watch June until we get home from the hospital and then stay a few more extra days, because I need them here and I want them here. Who better to make me feel better about leaving June, than leaving her with Nana and Papa! Praying everything just works out that way! 

So I wore the same sweater, the same week and to the same appointment as I did with June almost exactly two years ago. I didn't see it before, but I was a little chunk when I was pregnant with June. I mean look at those cheeks! Marshmallow man! I do think I took better care of my body this pregnancy, and realized that Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I can eat everything in sight and not exercise. hahaha!! Just look at my face! OH MAN!! 
Ok, now update time: 

                                         UPDATE: ME 


FAR ALONG AND MEASUREMENTS: I am now 38 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I'm not really sure what due date to go by anymore, but following my app I am that far along. Weighed in at the doc's office yesterday and didn't gain any weight. In fact I lost some. Woot Woot. I mean like 2 ounces, but still! My goal has always been to not get as heavy as I did with June. So here it is, with June my complete end weight was 164!! I KNOW RIGHT! It's obvious just by the look on the face! hahaha. I know, I know, I shouldn't care about weight while pregnant, but I do, because soon I won't be pregnant anymore and then the work sets in to get back to pre-pregnancy weight. Thankfully I did just that with June, and I am not close at all to weighing that much this pregnancy, but I still have 2 weeks to go, so we will see. Don't worry I will let you know if I reach that number! 

EMOTIONS: I'm just a little cranky these days, and to complete strangers. I'm really really tired of the stupid same joke over and over again, about how we should name our son August because our daughters name is June. We did not name our daughter after the month. Yes, it is a month, but holy crap people just get over it! Name your own son August! So ya, I'm on edge just a little bit. 

CRAVINGS: Just my usual, cereal. I've gone through about two boxes in a week of Honey Bunches of oats. Wash it down with Cran-Pomegranat juice and I am a happy girl. I eat that constantly. One weird craving is Banana's. I never liked banana's before, but lately I have been loving them. We buy banana's all the time, but we had to stop giving them to June because of some problems in the tummy region... That's a whole other post on it's own, but anyways, I ate them so they wouldn't go bad, and discovered how much I love them. I have been downing them! Delicious! 

LOVE MOST: How everything is starting to come together. We are so close to getting the nursery done. We hung up a bunch of stuff last night. All his little clothes and everything that we have up to this point is washed, and I can finally start taking deep breaths and actually be ok with this little man coming any time! Well preferably the 24th. 

SCARED ABOUT: Not really scared, more just concerned that my right rib might be broken. June was not a kicker, or a pusher in the stomach. In fact I was always concerned because of the lack of movement from her, but this little boy is a fighter. My right side rib cage is taking a brutal beating. When we got a sonogram yesterday, I asked what body part was up there, and it was his little foot, just jabbing away at my side. Not just a discomfort pain, I mean I can't speak for a minute, because he kicks me so hard. It's so sensitive, that when the ultra sound tech was scanning that part of my stomach, I winced because it hurts so bad. It could be bruised from me pushing so hard on it just to get him to move! SO PAINFUL! 

UPDATE: BABY BOY


FAR ALONG AND MEASUREMENTS: He just keeps on growing and growing! He is going to be a good sized kid when he comes out. He, right now, is measuring at 7 lbs and 2 ounces. He now is measuring about a week ahead of schedule, which is why my Dr. is willing to induce me before my original due date. Everything looks good according to the ultra sound, and his heart is beating in the 140 range. I always love seeing their little heart beating. His spine looks good, and it was all smiles from the ultra sound tech, so I take that as a good sign that he is staying healthy.

NAME: We have narrowed it down to two names! GO US GO! Major progress from where we were last time. The name I really liked was a swing and a miss, but we have moved on to bigger and better names. Either one he can grow up with and not be made fun of as a kid or as an adult. That is what we are looking for. So we have two and we probably won't make the decision until he is born.

RANDOM THINGS: It's a topic that I am not quite sure what to do about. Neither Dan nor I can really come up with the decision... Circumcision... Here is the situation. Would you ever even think twice to not circumcise your son, probably not. But my thought is, why do an unnecessary, painful, cosmetic surgery for what exactly?!? You tell me. We really don't know what to do here. It's a topic I can only research so much, before we just need to make our personal choice. There are pro's and con's to both sides, and I don't want to just be a parent that sticks with what every other parent is doing. I want to know facts, and really see if it's necessary.  We will see how that goes, I guess in a couple weeks.

Ah, and here is a creepy looking ultra sound pic of my already beautiful baby boy. haha. It's his face if you can't tell. Ultra Sound pictures will always be creepy to me, no matter what the child. 


4 comments:

Powell's Place said...

You look great both pregnancies! My two cents on circumcising--my baby cried for about ten minutes and then he was totally fine. It's way easier to take care of hygienically speaking, and eventually, he will be the boy who looks weird in the showers at school if you don't haha. Better now than later when he will actually remember it :). But really, totally your choice obviously haha.

Unknown said...

Both Eli and Jaden slept through there circumcision, they numb it so they don't feel any pain! Totally your choice and he will be perfect either way :)

Nancy said...

You look awesome! I wish I was 38 weeks instead of 32, these last few weeks drag for me. I can't wait to see pictures of the cute little guy. As for circumcision my thoughts are: Charlie slept through it and it's not a big deal when they are this age verses if he ever chose to or needed to as an adult it's much more painful and harder. Also it's just easier hygientically speaking and cosmetically will look like his dad. Just my two cents. Anyway, if he looks like a boy version of June he's going to be SO adorable and a little stud! Good luck with these last days!

Heidi said...

Just happened upon your blog and realized I know you! So weird when that happens. :) Anyway, I just wanted to comment on your circumcision dilemma. Especially since so far all your commenters have been for it.
I have two sons (neither of whom are circumsized). We haven't had any problems in any sort of way. No pain, infections, and it really isn't any harder to keep clean. You're not even supposed to do anything about it until they are older, so it doesn't take any more time to wash or clean during a diaper change...
In my mind it is better to let my sons make such a big decision about their own body. It is a cosmetic surgery, and something that is not reversible seems cruel to me to do to a baby.
Also, the comments about being the "weird" looking kid in gym class is quite silly. Circumcisions are happening less and less, and they really don't look that different anyway.
Like everyone said, it really is your decision, but make sure you won't regret it later in life!
http://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/newborn-baby-care.html#circ
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/12/31/circumcision-on-decline-what-parents-need-to-know-about-procedure/
http://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/circumcision-video.html