Sunday, November 24, 2013

Owen at One Month


Dear Owen, 
    I can't believe that you are already a month old! It was like a blink of an eye! 
So here you are my big boy at one month old. No really, you are a big boy! Don't worry, you are adorable and handsome as ever.
      You at one month is probably like most babies, but I want to make sure to document everything that I can of your life! You are such a good baby. You make me fall more and more in love with you everyday! I can't help but kiss those chubby cheeks and I have such a hard time putting you down. 
    Owen, you are such a good little baby. You have managed to put yourself on a little schedule that goes right  along with your sister's schedule, which definitiely helps me out! You are eating about every 2 to 3 hours. You are starting to be more awake during the day, and thankfully at night you wake up, eat, and then go right back down! That is all a mother could ask for at this age! You have a fussy time around 5:00 in the evening, right as daddy gets home, but he seems to always be able to calm you down. 
      I am starting to learn your little quirks and what seems to make you happy. You love to lay on the ground and just stare at the fan. That can keep you happy for quite a while. Same with the bouncer. As long as that thing is bouncing you are happy. You are not a fan of the swing. You will sit in it for just a bit, but you get tired of it quickly, or sometimes you don't want to sit in it at all. The ground seems to really be your friend at this stage because you love tummy time. I think that it sometimes calms your burbling belly. It can calm you right down to lay on your tummy. Same goes with the bath. You could just be having a rough day and a bath will calm you right down. I love your baths. I love how clean and fresh you are, and you LOVE to be extra cuddly after a bath. It's my favorite. 
     You are taking a bottle, when you have no other choice, and you will take a pacifier if you are starving and I just can't feed you at that moment. You will not take one to sooth yourself though. 
       You are sleeping in mom and dad's room, and are sleeping as well as a newborn can. You wake up and eat about every 2 hours sometimes 3. After you eat you go right back to sleep. You sooth yourself to sleep, which is very nice, since I know I can lay you down, even if you are awake and you will eventually fall asleep. 
       Owen, you honestly melt my heart every time I look at you. I can't believe that you are already a month old, and how much I already love you. Your sister is slowly starting to like you more and more. She still wont hold you, but she is more than happy to give you kisses and help snap up your clothes. She loves to dress you. I can't wait to watch you two grow up together. 
          I love you very much bud. I am so happy that you have made us a family of four! 
                                           Love you son!
                                                        Love, Mom


No comments: