Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was nothing short of amazing! 

It's a wonderful thing to gather together with friends, stuff your face full of delicious food, and constantly think of what we are grateful for. I know that we should be doing that on a regular basis, but at least we have a month that kind of forces us to think of all the blessings we have, and at least we have a time where we can really focus on those blessings. 

Holidays can be tough when you aren't able to travel home, or don't live close to family. But those who live far from home know how friends truly become your family and it makes the holidays so special. We have been so blessed with the friends we have here in Dallas. It made for a fantastic Thanksgiving having my beautiful friends in my house, laughing and filling our house full of chit chat and little children giggles. 

We hosted Thanksgiving at our house with a total of 8 adults and 7 children. If you know my house, you know it's not very big, it was a full house. I was worried all week that we weren't going to have enough room, and plus cooking food that I haven't really cooked before for that many people. I called my sister Brooke like a hundred times making sure I did everything right. It turned out great and I wouldn't of had it any other way. It was so fun. We all pitched in to make a major Thanksgiving feast. More food than we initially thought, but it was all so good and it made for a few days of constantly stuffing our faces with left overs. 

Makenna, Me, and Amanda. Love these girlies! 

We had so much food we had to pull an extra table out just to hold it all. We didn't skimp out on anything! 

The delicious turkey! Sean and Makenna were up at 4am cooking this bad bird. It was well worth it! SO GOOD! 

The cookers. We were laughing because even though I had everyone over to our house, Sean and Makenna ended up having all the huge responsibility of the dinner! It was a good thing, because let's be honest, we all know I am no cook, and I am ok with that. It all worked out for the best. 

 An adorable little Fam! LOVE THEM!

I didn't even have to wash my dishes! Haha I am still not sure how that happened, but they took over and we got the kitchen cleaned up in no time, while all the boys watched the kids.... and a little football. 

So I realized at the end of the night that I didn't take a single picture of my fam or my children. June was already in bed and Owen was in an induced milk coma, so It's sad, but no 2013 Thanksgiving pics for the Lancaster's. I just got all excited about everyone being there, timing the food just right to have it all warm, and keeping a one month old fed and a 2 year old happy. It just slipped away from me.

Later that night, we put the kids to bed and Makenna and me headed out to do a little Black Friday shopping! We both scored big time and I am almost done with June's Christmas. All done in one day. (Or night). It was fun and I was so glad to get out for a bit with a friend and catch up, without nagging children.

Honestly it was one of my favorite Thanksgivings. I just have so much to be grateful for and this year, with two children, a warm home, and an incredibly loving husband, it feels overwhelming with all the blessings. I know that my Heavenly Father has blessed me in abundance that I don't even think it's fair to list things, just because I can't get them all, and He has granted me to have so much.

Now it't time for more focus on family  and excitement with Christmas. To focus on our Saviors birth, and to take part in all the glorious festivities that go on this time of year. I love that I can sit and blog in the quite with Christmas music FINALLY playing in our home. I absolutely love this time of year and that includes Thanksgiving. So excited for what's to come this holiday season.




No comments: