Sunday, February 15, 2015

Love for Valentines

Happy Valentine's!! 
I hope yours was full of love, feeling loved and appreciated! I really like Valentines day... who am I kidding, I love every holiday! Haha but Valentines day is just fun. Low stress and lots of activities!
Since it was on a Saturday this year, we spent the last few days of the week being festive. 

June had a valentines party at school. It was adorable and I am a failure of a mother and didn't take any pictures. She was all cute and came home with a big bag full of sweet valentines from her class. 

Thursday afternoon we made sugar cookies. Valentines day and sugar cookies go hand in hand. It's a must make for this holiday. Owen got to even help cut out some of the hearts. The kid ate sooooo much cookie dough. He loved it! I thought for sure he was going to be sick after, I was a bit worried, but he was just fine. 


He stood there and watched those cookies bake the whole time. He wanted them out so bad to eat. I cut him off though, after how much cookie dough he ate. haha 


We couldn't wait to decorate! June actually did really well decorating! She handled the frosting and sprinklers really well! I was expecting a huge mess... nope! 

Friday morning we headed down to Dan's office to deliver Valentines and to pick him up for the day! 
It was adorable watching June hand out all her valentines! She loved it! It's a definite do again next year. 


After we handed out all our Valentines we headed down to our Local Dallas zoo. We have lived in Dallas for 4 years and had yet to go to the zoo. A lot of locals told us to not waste our time there, and that the Fort Worth zoo was way better... well I don't know what they are talking about, we actually really liked it and it's SUPER CHEAP! only 5 bucks a person! It's really south of Dallas but I'm sure we will go again sometime soon, hopefully before it get's too hot! 


We watched the penguins for a while... and I mostly just watched the kiddos and their excitement. How adorable is this little man?! I mean come on! 


The hair after the hat came off 

June took it upon herself to read the map and direct us where to go!

Feeding the giraffes was so much fun! We ended up feeding them twice because we were loving it!





June wanted to ride in this truck but it only had the front of the truck available to sit in. June saw the back and ran full speed into the glass that was protecting the back of the truck... It was so funny and really sad. She got a little goose egg, but man she just ran right into it. We were trying to hard not to laugh because she was so upset!

Dan enjoyed riding the metal elephant the most!




Flamingo pointing

They have a fun little kids area with a stream to play in. She just wanted to splash her feet, but by the end of the day she was SOAKED!! 

This boy has just been the most snuggly little thing lately 




Heading back home and the kids were out cold! 

Since June fell asleep in the car she stayed up a bit later than normal and watched a little TV with us. She was so content sitting behind daddy's legs. It was cute. 

Valentine's day we had a breakfast full of pink heart pancakes, red juice, and strawberries. Daddy got June her very own rose and she was so excited about it! She carried it with her all over. We got daddy a gigantic card. 


So I was SO SO SO proud of June. She wrote To:daddy all on her own! She did so well! 

Dan got me a beautiful bouquet of flowers. It never gets old. They are really pretty and make the house smell so good. 


After Owen woke up from his nap we drove over to the Temple. I needed to go to the distribution Center, so we made a little outing of it. 




We then came home, and we started making dinner. Nothing fancy, just heart grilled cheese and heart apples. But we got them also little Valentine surprises 


Dan went and picked up our babysitter and I got Owen ready for Bed. Once Dan and Mikaela got back to the house, June was ecstatic about Mikaela being there, she didn't even bat and eye that we were leaving. 

So we did a little different spin on Valentines this year. We did a big romantic dinner last year, and so we wanted to do something different. Shooting has been on our list of dates for a long time, and we thought it was a perfect time to do it! So we went shooting. 

Dan is super smokin' shooting guns. 

It was my very first time in a shooting range and my very first time shooting a gun. I was excited, but once I stepped in the range I got really nervous. Dan was so nice and didn't give me to hard of a time not being able to load the bullets... I loaded them backwards at one point, and was really patient with me when it came to being very careful. Holding a real gun was more intense then I thought. Honestly! But it was super fun and I CANNOT wait to do it again and try something more powerful! 

We both shot pretty well. Dan shot awesome and scored the bullseye in the middle!! 

It was a blast and such a fun date night!


Later that night we went and got take out and we had pillows and blankets set up in the back of my car, along with some old school romance music playing in the background. It was really nice to just talk without others around, waiters in our face, and we just ate and talked to our hearts content! It couldn't have worked out more perfect.

We got home, Dan took Mikaela home and I went and snuggled with June for a bit in her bed. 

It was a fantastic Valentines and I really love all my Valentines! 



No comments: