Saturday, May 2, 2015

All of April's Randoms

Are you ready for the mother load of random!? 

Somehow April slipped away without me even realizing it, and now some how its May! I cannot believe how fast this year is already going! So because of my complete shock that May started this week, I thought I better get all of April's pictures on the blog! 

Oh and they are probably out of order... 


April started off with April fools. We didn't do anything big for it, or play any mean tricks. June and I had fun playing little tricks on each other, and then we decided to play some on daddy when he got home from work.
We made jello and put it into our drinking glasses. June thought it was the funniest thing ever. She could hardly contain herself when dan got home from work that night. 

We also placed little plastic spiders all over to scare daddy. It "worked". Hahaha daddy was a good sport and played along. 


April has been full of rain and a tiny bit of sunshine. So we have spent a lot of time indoors and keeping busy. That means spending a couple hours at the library. 

June was playing so good by herself one day during quiet time, she is just so precious, and I love this view. I love being in my kitchen and having this window to look out at. It's my favorite. 

One day we had a really busy day outside in the sun, we came home and we were dirty and sticky from sunscreen, so we took an early bath. We had about an hour until dinner so the kids enjoyed a little cartoon time and I was able to cook dinner peacefully! 

We love taking walks down our alley way, there are always people washing their cars or whatever, so there is always water running down and the kids love playing and splashing in it. This might have been from a rainy day. 

This kid has such a hard time making it through lunch, and no matter how much I adjust his nap time, his lunch time or anything like that, he tends to rock himself to sleep in his high chair. And the amount of blanket that is shoved into his mouth... 

He's just so handsome and happy!

June had been begging for weeks to go to the Lego museum so finally one Friday afternoon we took her and Owen. 







I think she purely wanted to go for the karaoke! She could have cared less what song was actually playing, she was making her own music!




 Not a very good picture but June was finally able to ride on the lego ride! She was so happy that they let her go on! She barely made the mark! 

 We took our official first dip in the pool and it was a bit chilly. The kids have been splashing in it for a while now, but they were excited when we got in with them! I cannot wait for summer!!! 


I was folding and putting away laundry one day, and while I was putting June's clothes away, I hear a bunch of laughing for both June and Owen. I go to investigate and find Owen completely on top of June and holding her hand. He's so pleased with himself and they were both laughing pretty hard about it. 

One day Owen took a really early nap, and woke up around lunch time, since we didn't have to be home for naps, we took a trip to Sonic. One of June's favorite things is eating in the car, in the front seat with me. So we went to Sonic and treated ourselves!

Owen was stuck in the back buckled in, but he didn't mind too much!

June planted some little flowers at school. I go into her room one day and see her ponies and Jake all around the flowers. I asked her what they were doing and she said "They are keeping the flowers company, I didn't want them to be lonely!" Such a sweet little spirit!

 We play a lot in our front yard, I'm not really sure why, but the kids love it out there, so many of our days are spent hanging out int he front. 


And taking selfies


One day during quiet time, June wanted to watch a movie on our bed... A while later, I hear the credits from the movie rolling, and no June coming out to tell me it's over. I go in and check on her and she had climbed into our pillows and fallen fast asleep. 


Lot's of play dough play during rainy days 


June and Dan were at gymnastics one night, Owen was bathed and just playing by the front door. I was sitting in our big chair thats in our playroom and it was such a happy moment. A light breeze was blowing into the house, We played and just enjoyed the greenery outside. 


 We spent a long afternoon at the Perot Museum 












It was so nice because at one point, we literally had the entire play place to ourselves. The kids were loving it!  



Just walking around

So we have this duck that has recently made our front yard its hangout spot. He's pretty brave and has  let us get pretty close to him. He then usually flies away, but always comes back to our front yard. 


June trying to get Owen out of his crib from a nap







Ready to race! 

Pool Feet!

Like I said, the kids have been playing in the pool for a while now!

Owen LOVES playing with his light switch right next to his bed, so most nights he ends up falling asleep with the light on. 

Hanging out, waiting for June to get out of school. 

Lots of playing in the sand box


 Our rose bushes have started blooming and I love it! I love clipping them and having fresh flowers from our yard in the house. 
\

June wanted one for her room too, so she was pretty excited to have her own vase and everything!

 Big thunderstorms were rolling in, so we thought we better play as much as we can outside while the weather was still holding. We grabbed some tin foil and made a little river for boats. 




 Daddy came home early (which was a super nice surprise) and we ended up having a water fight!

We love when daddy's home




It then led to us running in the sprinkler!






We were being gansters while eating our snacks 

These two have been playing a lot more together lately! It makes me excited for when they really start playing and just being each others little best friends!



Some swim time spent in the little pool

 We got a little playful with pancakes one night. Dan made this swirl pancake and was having fun playing with it. 


Well that seems to be the end of it. It's been a pretty darn good month. I am excited for warm weather and for that warm weather to stick around! 
Happy May everyone! 





No comments: