Sunday, May 24, 2015

June's First Graduation

There are many graduations to come for this little lady, and we started with her first graduation from her first little experience with preschool. It's actually more like pre-pre School, but it totally still counts as a graduation. 

She had been excited for a while for graduation, and of course the last week of school she comes down with croup. It actually hit her pretty hard the weekend before, but during the week she still wasn't feeling her best. She was pretty adamant to go on Tuesday for "water day" but shock me shock me, it was raining, so they ended up going to the library instead. Grateful for that. She still came home and crashed pretty hard in the afternoon. 

On That Thursday was her graduation, and she wasn't going to miss that for anything. I think I asked her a million and one times if she was feeling up for going, and she was pretty excited and really wanting to go, so I dropped her off for her last day. Owen and I went and got June a few surprises for her graduation day, including flowers to bring with us to her graduation. We were a little sad, because daddy had every intentions of being there, but ended up having a last minute business trip to Houston for the day. We recored the entire graduation though, so he didn't miss a minute. 

I was so happy that June was feeling up for going, I was excited for how much she was excited, and when I walked into the room and she was sitting in her little chair, she got the biggest grin on her face. It was a heart melter for sure. 



They sang a few songs and showed us what they had learned throughout the year. Then they had a little ceremony giving each little student a certificate of completion. 



After the ceremony there were refreshments and we just mingled with other parents and let the kids play for a bit. 

These were June's teachers for this year. Ms. Makenna and Ms. Tiffany. June was sad to be saying goodbye


Me with my little graduate 


So while we were taking pictures, Owen was sitting happy on his chair, eating a cookie... Well he decided for the first time ever in his life, to try and get off the chair face first. Let me state for the record, that he knows how to get off of chairs by scooting forward, turning around and sliding off on his tummy, I didn't just leave him on a chair he couldn't get down off of by himself.
Ok with that said, he tries a new trick, and completely lands face first, head first on the hard cemented ground. I watched the whole thing in slow motion. It churned my stomach. I bolt over to him and held him tight praying no teeth were knocked out. Ever since that happened to June thats where my first thought always go when it's a face hit. There was blood everywhere and everyone and their mom trying to comfort him. I think he was crying harder because I took his cookie out of his hand to look at his face. As soon as I gave his cookie back he stopped crying. He had a HUGE HUGE fat lip along with a good size chunk taken out of his upper lip. 

He is now all healed and is just left with a little scab, and no knocked out teeth.

June's little graduation was just too adorable and I can't wait to watch her grow more. 
I at first was hesitant of school at her age, but she thrived and loved every minute of it. I am excited for her to start at a new preschool next year and to watch her grow even more. It's tough to watch your kiddos grow up. It's so much more amazing to watch them grow and become these little independent humans. 





1 comment:

Cisneros Family said...

I just love June!! Cannot wait to see you and those little babies soon!!