Thursday, January 14, 2016

38 Weeks... Small Update

38 Weeks.

This isn't a big pregnancy update. In fact I think I might have done my last one at 37 weeks. We are so close and really, each doctors appointment is basically the same, so nothing crazy new to report! 

There are just a few things that I wanted to share being at 38 weeks pregnant. 

I've officially decided I am done being pregnant. It's time and I think my kids are ready to have their more energized mom back and to be able to bounce on me and use me as a human jungle gym again! Haha
Owen was laying on my stomach and the baby gave him a good jolt to the head. He did not like that! It made me laugh!! 

I have also officially hit exactly 164 with two weeks to go. At this point I don't really care. I'm so close that it's kind of like whatever. I know I'm going to beat that number with this pregnancy, its the shedding of the weight that has me worried.... Oh geez, I'm gonna miss eating everything and anything without feeling the guilt. Goodbye Chick Fil A, more than once a week. 

Good news though, is that we are absolutely on the final stretch! At the appointment we set my induce date to be on the 26th and even better news is that my mom got church approval (meaning she can leave Colorado from her calling) to come and help out with the kids and baby!! What a huge relief!! It is so so hard being away from family, so knowing she can make it is a big weight off my shoulders! Of course if this baby comes at an unplanned time, we have made arrangements with friends and my sisters know they are on call as well! So we've got this! 

I'm not progressing very fast, and my doc doesn't think I'll be going into labor anytime soon. Soon as in days. I'm getting this baby out in two weeks whether she likes it or not! Haha just kidding, but really... 

Everything else is pretty much all set! I am working on some last minute projects and just trying to finish up a few loose ends. Since next week is officially my last full week, I'm hoping to spend some good quality time with each of my kids. One on one. I know life goes on after baby, but it's a change of life and pace and I just want my kids to know that with this change coming, they are still my whole world and priority. 

Dan is getting beyond excited. I honestly don't know what it is about this pregnancy but he has been so super jazzed about it! He's the coolest and has handled the pregnant Lesli very well! 

We are getting excited and anxious all at the same time. We are ready. Dan isn't really looking forward to the labor and delivery part, as for me, in a really weird way, I kind of like it. I guess its just all so surreal and I like the challenge of getting this baby here. Oh man, I know I sound crazy, but it just doesn't scare me. The scary part is the waiting and hoping everything works out according to plan! We shall see! 


So I've managed to take a picture in the same blue sweater at 38 weeks pregnant with all three of my kids. I still can't get over how fat my face was with June! It's also fun to see just how much bigger I am with my girls than I was with Owen. Plus how my belly is shaped differently. Pregnancy is weird. 

No comments: