Sunday, January 3, 2016

Hello 2016

Hello New Year.
I'm very excited for what is to come and all that awaits for us Lancaster's this year.

Tomorrow is the first official day back into "normal" mode. Dan sadly has to go back to work, all our extra activities start back up, and it's time to get the kids back on regular schedules.

January also means to me, just a fresh clean start to everything. A reboot to new goals, new ambitions, and trying to better myself and my family. Dan and I always like to sit and have a discussion of what we want out of this year, as a family, as a spouse, a parent and our personal selves. I feel really good about this year. I feel much more excited and I do think it's because such a big change with baby girl coming so so soon, that its made me already push myself to prep for the year. I like it, I like this feeling. I like the goals we have set. Some we will fail at, I'm sure, some we will constantly keep trying and some we get to cross off the list once they are finished. I'm optimistic about this year. My body is weak and tired from being pregnant, but I still feel really good and positive about 2016. I don't know whats up ahead for us. Thats scary when you think about it too much, but I hope to take it in stride. To continue a positive attitude and continue to enjoy the journey as much as I can.

Still to date, my favorite talk by President Thomas S. Monson is "Finding Joy in the Journey"
I truly believe that there is happiness all around us, even with all the ugly and bad. It's our choice to choose whether to be happy. It's our choice to find the good.

"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family"
      -President Thomas S. Monson.

That sums up my goals for this year.  Along with these words:

"Try a little harder, to be a little better"
          -Gordon B. Hinckley

Simple, but not as easy as one might think. I look forward to this year and I hope it's one I can look back on and feel like it was a year well used to find good.

No comments: