Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Goodbye 2016

It's crazy saying goodbye to yet another year. Dan and I always enjoy thinking back over the year and what it has brought into our lives. The good and the bad. The growing, the changes and all the little extra's in-between. As the New Year came closer, I started reading a lot of news feeds and posts about how this year has been the worst year, how so many deaths have happened, and how just a lot of bad has happened. So I personally pondered over this year. Really thought of how this year has changed me and my family's life. Just a few points from 2016. 

Kate being born was obviously the high note of this year! 

We had one of the craziest Presidential elections. Between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton and random Third Party nominees. It was a pretty crazy time for America. Donald Trump won and will be sworn in as our next President of the United States of America. 

Discovering more about myself, loving more deeply with my children and husband and growing into our own independent world. It's been a wonderful year for our family as we have seen such blessings be poured out for us.

Many of our 2016 goals were reached. Dan actually rocked his goals! Most of my goals were set after having Kate so those won't really be accounted for until later this spring. My main goal was to have a baby and that seemed to turn out great! So really my goals got rocked too. Haha Our goals in general as family did pretty good. There is always room for improvement and we look forward to 2017 and trying to reach more goals to better our family and ourselves. 

One last little note I want to jot down is how two friends of mine passed away this year. A college roommate and a friend who I worked very close with for years.  They were both such tragic losses in horrible tragic ways. Ways that aren't really appropriate to share on the blog. I'm willing to share or talk about it, but it's not something I want my children reading about later in life, but it's something I want to remember and have written in here somewhere about how all of this brought me closer to my Heavenly Father. As my children read this I want them to know that through such tragedy comes a way for us to find comfort and love. To learn and support. I'm so thankful for a loving support from my family. With one of these deaths I had to call my Dad from some extra guidance. I really was just so overwhelmed with grief and disgust. His words were so simple and so true. "Lesli, just remember, you are so loved." 

That is what I am taking away from 2016. Through all the excitement, sadness, adventures, low points, high points and all the in between is that I am loved. It's genuine. It's pure. By so many people that I have in my life. I am loved. My family is loved and for that I am grateful. 

So in all, 2016 has personally been good, actually really good. More high's than low's. Much more laughter than tears. I'm a little fearful of 2017. Changes are coming and I'm bracing myself.

Bring it on 2017. 

No comments: