Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Snow Day!

Let me first start off by saying how much I have been missing the snow. Growing up in the north snow was just apart of life. Now being in the south we have adapted to the weather change. I mean come on, it's been almost eight years of being in Texas, but no matter what I will always miss the heavy snow fall. The snow days when school was cancelled and life just seems to stop in the whiteness of it all. It's magical. 
With that said, we had a teeny, tiny, itty, bitty snow storm that blew over Dallas and it was pure awesomeness. I don't care that it wasn't even an inch. It really made my heart flutter as the white stuff fell. June was beyond excited. We were at her dance class when the "blizzard" hit and we even had to call daddy on our way home to make sure the snow was sticking at the house. As soon as we came in, we pulled out our winter clothes and bolted for the door. 

At first Owen wanted nothing to do with it. So just June, Kate, Dan and myself went out to play. 



Kate's first snow fall. I mean its a pathetic snow fall and it hurts a little that my children probably will never grow up in the awesomeness of winter, but snow is still snow so we made the best of it! 


She wasn't mad or crying, but she also wasn't too happy with the snow hitting her face. She could not figure out what was going on. It made us laugh. 

We came inside to warm up Kate and then June desperately wanted to go back out. This time Owen wanted to come.  

He ended up loving it too. He doesn't like to be too hot or too cold (Who does??) So he was worried about that. Once we got his coat on with hats and gloves he couldn't get enough. 

The trampoline became a huge hit with the snow and bouncing on it. It brought back memories of jumping on our tramp with just feet of snow on it. I mean just so so so much snow. My parents would usually get mad because we were stretching out the tramp with all the snow on it. Hahaha it makes me laugh now. I totally get their point of view now. Sorry parentals. 


I look over and Dan is literally hovered in a ball. Hahaha I told him to man up because he is from Canada where it's way more cold there! He didn't care. His true nature is warm climates. 

Dan also wanted a snow angel.



She was just so happy to have snow! 



It was a fun afternoon playing in the snow and then warming up inside. And now as I'm blogging this it's 70 degrees outside and Owen and I were jumping on the tramp in t-shirts. Texas weather is jacked up. We love the warm and the cold. Both have it's positives and negatives! 

Happy Snow Day Texas! 

No comments: