Thursday, March 30, 2017

House Update: Brick

I feel like we are at the part that people warned us about. How quickly the house goes up but then how painfully slow everything from then on feels. There is so much that has to be checked before they can move on to the next thing. So many inspections!! I am extremely grateful for those inspections because I know our house will be built right but it's so so so so hard to be patient! 

We finally have seen some movement on the house though and supposedly all "walk through" changes we made have been corrected. So it's now time for cosmetics. 
Now comes the part where we stress out with everything because it was all OUR CHOICE! So if we don't like something then it's our fault! Eek! 

We did our normal weekly drive out to the house and saw brick being placed, ready to be slabbed on the house. My heart skipped a beat! As we got closer and closer my heart sank in my chest because the brick looked SO RED!! I about had a heart attack! I told Dan they obviously made a mistake. We didn't choose this brick! It's all wrong! 
Getting up close though we realized that just the actual brick is red, not the pattern that our house will be. I was still super nervous about the whole thing and worried that we weren't going to like it. 

Thankfully everything is turning out fantastic! We love the brick color and we are so relieved that it's not red! Hahaha could you imagine!? 

So now we just keep on waiting and being impatient. 

In the mean time we are getting our house ready to sell. Our realtor doesn't seem to be in a rush to get it on the market, Dan and I are freaking out a bit... Ok a lot more than a bit. Hahaha but we trust our realtor and hope it sells in the proper timing. 

Dan kicked butt on house improvements while we were in Colorado. He basically painted the whole house, including the girls' room which was pink and white stripe. I miss it. I feel like we are in this weird limbo. We have taken down majority of our pictures and items hanging on the wall. 

Owen asks everyday if the house is ready. I'm not sure if he is aware of what is actually going to happen when it is ready. I'm so nervous about that transition for the kids. I mean it has to eventually happen, and the younger they are the better, but it's still hard. That part I am not looking forward to. 

1 comment:

Rasmussens said...

I am so dang excited to see this house!!!! It looks so fun!!!