Friday, March 3, 2017

PHAT FILES

Phat files.

Here we are.
After I was cleared by my doctor to start working out after Kate was born, I wanted to really see if I could get, not just the baby weight off from Kate, but all the weight off from my babies.
I set out for a year of what I could really accomplish.
So I set the Date to March 2017 and got to work. 

I first want to say that I am incredibly proud of my body for the many things it is capable of doing. It brought three beautiful and healthy children into this world. It has endured so much and it still keeps up with those three children and I haven't encountered any health problems yet. My body image also, does not define me. No matter my weight or what I look like, I am still a fantastic mom, a great wife and a loving friend and family member. With that said, I will also not pretend that it doesn't have affect on how I feel about myself. It just does. Shallow as it may sound, I don't want to give up on looking pretty just because I am a mom. I still want to find myself attractive and confident about what I see in the mirror. No matter how many children I have. This was a personal goal and choice! It's something I felt important and wanted to do. I wanted to feel healthy and confident. I wanted clothes to fit the way they should. So I gave it a shot.

My first thought was I REALLY needed to be realistic about my goals and how I wanted to lose this weight. I knew cutting foods out would not work or last.  I truly love eating out. Dan and I have wing night each week, and I love sweets more than most. I knew that if I were to cut those out to lose the weight, then I would end up gaining it all back, because eventually I would start eating those foods again. I just would. It's realistic and I know myself. I also know that following health plans, not eating sugar for months on end and having "trainers", also isn't my thing. I really focused on what would make me actually lose the weight and hopefully keep it off. I knew it was going to be about working out and moderation in food. Not cutting out food, just moderation. 

Here we go!

Along the way, I kept a log of notes that helped me stay motivated and to show what all I did. It was fun keeping track this way. It's a bit of a health journal about how I was feeling and what all I went through. I don't plan on stopping.

I called them
PHAT FILES:  

THE GOALS:
-Weigh in at 128.6 -Pre, Pre, Pre Pregnancy Weight. 
Achieved? YES!
Ending weight is: 126.8

- Size 4 Jean. Back to SM/M Clothes 
Achieved? YES!!
I ended up having to buy new jeans and throw away clothes because they were too big. 

- Do one Chin-up unassisted 
Achieved? YES AND YES!!
I'm pretty proud of this one. I worked hard to build up to it. The first time I did it was at a park and I screamed in delight when I pulled myself up. Yeah, there were people there. I really could of cared less!

I can officially do two chin-ups in a row, unassisted! 

-Run Longer & Faster:
Achieved? Yes!
I really didn't run too much because I started doing a lot more yoga and body attack.
I still am way more long winded and can easily run three miles without feeling any lag. 

-Do the Splits
Achieved?  NOPE! Not even close! HAHAHA
I will get them but it just didn't happen this time around. I am incredibly proud of where my body is flexibility wise though. I have never been flexible, EVER! So to bend and move the way I do now is a huge achievement for me. But sadly no splits. 


MARCH 
Started Working out.
Weighed in at 146.4
The heaviest I have EVER weighed without being pregnant.
Heaviest weight including pregnancy was 165.2



3.31.2016: Zumba and Biggest Loser at home. 
Weighed myself at 138.6

APRIL

4.16.2016: Came home from Colorado and hardly worked out and ate very poorly. Gained weight back to 145. SUPER FRUSTRATED WITH MYSELF!!!

4.27.2016: Joined a gym. Did my first fitness class and it rocked me! Felt so good and started focusing on my eating. 

 MAY

6 week Picture
Weighed in at 145 
My picture is looking so much better. I'm seeing progress, though I don't know how I'm not losing weight. Wondering if I can actually do this! Feeling a bit discouraged!!! 




5.5.2016: Took my first yoga class and FELL IN LOOOOOOVE!!!! 

5.8.2016: Dan got me a new yoga mat from Lu Lu Lemon for Mother's Day! 

5.10.2016:  Yoga class with my new mat! SO MUCH DIFFERENCE!! 

5.23.2016: Started a challenge with friends. Gallon of water a day, two treats weekly and workout everday. 

5.25.2016: Dan and I started working out at the gym together. It's a weekly date night and I love it!!

JUNE
6.24.2016: Hiked the Y in Utah. I was very slow and tired. I thought I was in better shape! A little disappointed in myself. 

6.27.2016: Got back from Utah and stayed on track! I'm scared to weigh myself. Terrified I'll be more than 145. that's just how trips are! 

JULY
7.1.2016: 6 Week check in. 139!! WOOHOO!!!
Down 6lbs. My pictures show I am looking much slimmer and I'm really starting to feel great! 







-I did pull several muscles from my trip. I have nodes how but I am in pain. Just pushed through and went for a run in 100 degree weather. 

7.4.2016: HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY! 
Ran 1.44 miles 

7.11.2016: Managed a yoga headstand all on my own!! BOOM!! 

7.13.2016: 138.6
Lightest I've been!! 

7.16.2016: Dan did yoga with today for the first time! It was great having him in there! Rocked my headstand and even attempted a handstand! I love Dan so much! 

7.20.2016: Finished challenge with friends. Placed third. First and second place tied. 

7.23.2016: I think I've hooked Dan into yoga. He even did a reverse dancers pose today! I love him for it! And he was killing the three leg planks. My man is so strong! 

Dan is down 20 pounds. He looks soooo much slimmer. This is how skinny he was when we met. 

- Dan and I ran a 5k with our friends. The Hawaiian Falls 5k. We ended at a water park and then spent the evening at the water park. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!! 

7.30.2016: Dan totally did a headstand today! 

7.30.2016: 136.7! Lightest I've been and weighed in at night! 


 AUGUST
6 week check in.
136.2
Feeling a little more chubby. My eating has been HORRIBLE! Thin mint Oreos got the best of me. Kids have been sick, so my workouts have been only for about a half hour. It's been a frustrating and lazy week. Not the best for a measuring week. 




8.15.2016: I farted in yoga today. Right as my yoga teaching was walking by. It was when I was in headstand. It just slipped out!! AWKWARD!! 

8.21.2016: 
134.7 
Given that I had food poising and haven't had a huge appetite the last few days 

8.26.2016: In Lake Tahoe, California with the Lancaster Family. Ran in the mountains with Dan, came home and did yoga on the deck of our cabin. 

8.30.2016: Went to a little yoga studio in Tahoe. It felt so good and so fun to try a different yoga place! I went with my Sister-In-Law, Vanessa. 

SEPTEMBER
9.2.2016: The trip got the best of me and I gained two pounds. Sitting at 136.5

9.7.2016: Did a workout from home and it was super lame. I realized I get way more motivated with classes and the gym in general. 

9.8.2016: Yoga today. Did my first crow pose and held it! Not for very long but I held it! 

9.15.2016: My yoga teacher told me today I make him feel grounded. I know it sounds weird, but it's a compliment coming from my yoga teacher. He introduced me to some girls in our class and told them to always find good energy like I have. It made me feel good. 

9.18.2016: Did eagle in headstand for the very first time. I did it at home so if I fell over I wouldn't make a huge noise and not get embarrassed in class. didn't fall over though! 

9.19.2016: 135.5 
This number is ok given that we had a big eating out weekend 

9.26.2016: Did two push-ups today in backbend. Also attempted to go into eagle in headstand and couldn't quite get there. Also back to 136.2. Eating needs to become a priority!! 


 OCTOBER
Weigh in Picture
136.2 STILL!! 
My picture looks more chubby too! I seriously look like I rounded out. It hasn't been the best 6 weeks for me. Time to really focus! I really would like to be 128 before my 30th birthday. 

10.02.2016: Still at 136. I'm feeling super frustrated with this number! I feel like I'm just stuck there! No matter what I do! It's annoying!

10.03.2016: Did single let split while in headstand this morning. I could only do my right leg and fell when I attempted the left, but progress! 

10.06.2016: Yoga today. We did some new stuff and it felt great! I loved the challenge! Also I stayed in my backbend the entire minute and was able to touch my toes in half pigeon! Getting stronger and more flexible! 

10.17.2016: Did king pigeon in yoga today!! i was super proud of myself! I love being able to do and improve different yoga poses!! I'm getting so much stronger!

10.27.2016: Went to yoga for the first time in a week! It. was. rough!!! My yoga teacher even asked if I was ok because I was soooooooooo out of sync. I even fell out of my headstand early today. Disappointed in myself and I'm really ready for October to be over so I can have my life back!  

NOVEMBER

11.5.2016: Started new goal/challenge with myself. I turn 30 in seven weeks. I set a goal for myself to lose 8lbs in 7 weeks. I will be in the 120's in my 30's. It's a heavy goal so I told Michelle to be held accountable. Here we go! 

11.10.2016: Today was the hardest yoga class I have done yet! It  was super challenging but I was able to do it all! I was so so sweaty! 

-Was finally able to do the slide bars at our local park. Ive never been able to do them before! My upper body strength is getting so much stronger. 

11.11.2016: Had first weigh in of challenge. 
Lost 1.2 pounds.
Weighing in at 134.9 
We celebrated our anniversary tonight and though I was still in my calorie intake, I felt I just pounded the food. The scale showed the next morning. It said I gained THREE POUNDS! Hahaha Not too discouraged because I know it's just from the heavy meal the night before!

11.18.2016: Week two of challenge.
134.1
Only lost .9 lbs. I ate really poorly the day before. Though I was still in target of my eating. I just ate crap. Also I have only worked out one time. Bad week but still going down! Staying positive!! 

11.22.2016: Ran 2.5 miles in the rain tonight. It actually felt really good! I had a good pace and rhythm. I loved it!

11.24.2016: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
Ran a 5K but obviously ate a BUNCH OF FOOD! Have a weigh in tomorrow and it's not going to be pretty! can't decide if eating all of that was worth it or not. 

11.25.2016: I ate so much food! not good especially because it's a weigh in day. I did run another 5k which felt great!
Weighed in at 135.0 WHAT?!?! HORRIBLE!! 
Gained .9lbs 

11.30.2016: Week weigh in because we will be in New York on Friday.
Weighed in at 132.8 
down -2.2lbs and I am so happy about that!! Especially since I'm sure we will be doing a lot of eating in New York!


DECEMBER

12.5.2016: Back in it after a weekend of food chomping and no workouts! BLA! Did yoga today and did surprisingly well for not going over a week! Weighed in at 134.2

12.8.2016: Yoga today. Split my legs and full eagle on both legs in headstand today!

12.9.2016: Weekly weigh in for challenge. Weighed in at 132.1 
-.7lbs from last week weigh in. -2lbs from getting back from New York. So not too bad but nothing spectacular. 3 more weeks until I'm 30!! 

12.10.2016: SATURDAY! Everyone was still sleeping and I was awake, so I went for a COLD COLD morning run. It felt so good once I was warmed up. I came back to everyone still sleeping and a warm, Christmas lit house. It made my heart sing! 

12.12.2016: Yoga. Ok, so I'm going to totally toot my own horn here. My yoga teacher told me today that I was talented and should really consider teaching! Total natural! Felt pretty good about that!

12.17.2016: Today. I weighed in at 129.7. I haven't seen 120's in a looooooooong time!! I'm really really proud of myself! 

12.23.2016: Today I am 30. It was the end of my challenge and picture day. 
Weighed in at 128.7 I did it! I reached my goal! I'm so incredibly proud of myself!! 


JANUARY
01.01.2017: Bad eating, hardly working out and probably a solid three pound gain. It's been an amazing Christmas break but time to get back in it and finish my goal strong! 

01.02.2017: I did a chin-up!! NEVER in my life have I ever been able to do a chin up and I did!!! I'm so freaking proud of myself!! 

01.03.2017: Tonight in body attack an older man told me that I was a great motivation and a strong woman. I totally get that it could come off kind of creepy, but he was really nice and being genuine. It was a compliment and I like thinking I'm motivating other people out there. 

01.09.2017: Wide leg headstand complete! Wobbly legs and all. But totally did it!! 

01.10.2017: 
 After Christmas break and I'm back right at 130lbs. I'm just stuck at 130! Bla! Back to being in the 30's. I feel like my body is just saying this is where you are going to be. I really really might not reach my goal. 





01.12.2017: Officially did my wide leg handstand in yoga class today. I came down in wide leg too!! A bit hard and my yoga teacher told me to focus that movement on my core. So it's improvement and also something to work on. 
-Also managed mermaid pose variation from dancers pose today!! I kinda nailed yoga!

01.12.2017: 130!!! STILL!!! I'M DYING!!! 

01.13.2017: 131!!!! 
WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING ON!!?!?!?!?!?!?! I seriously have no idea how I am gaining weight! I'm literally doing absolutely nothing different!! I'M SOOOOOOOO FRUSTRATED!!!!! 

01.18.2017: Today June and Owen had school so I planned on going to the gym with Kate. It was cold and rainy out, Kate has a bit of a cold and I don't want her sick for her birthday. So I worked out from home. I did a 40 minute yoga flow all on my own. Meaning I didn't use video instruction or anything. I turned my yoga music on and just flowed. It was great! I got a sweat going and plus I was able to work on some poses that I don't normally get to work on in class! I didn't burn as many calories. About 70 less than I normally do, but still got it! 

01.29.2017: Weekends are always the scariest for me. Especially Friday's. I don't get a steady workout in and I eat kinda poorly. I probably should fix that. 

01.23.2017: Broke my toe! It hurt so bad and is such a pain to deal with!! Still did yoga at home and was so desperate for it again, I ended up going to an evening yoga class. Tape and ibuprofen got me through it, but my toe was throbbing by the end. 

01.28.2017: Back to body attack. It's been a bit since my broken toe and that stupid toe gave me a fight tonight but I taped it and just shoved it in my shoe. I was in pain the whole class and had to take it a bit more easy, but I still did it! STUPID TOE!! 

FEBRUARY

02.02.2017: Did full birds in paradise on both legs today! Also working on Pincha and handstand. 

02.06.2017: In laws are in town and my eating has been horrible and workouts have been very minimal. Still weighing in at 130. I'm just stuck at this number. I only have a few weeks left until the end. I think I'm just done! 

02.09.2017: I'm really feeling frustrated. I am crushing everything. Yeah it was a bad eating weekend but still. I have been stuck at 130 FOREVER!! It's really starting to get to me. I have three weeks until the time frame and I'm going crazy! I really really might not reach me goal. 

2.16.2017: Killed yoga today. Wide leg headstand from triangle pose and all! My yoga teacher told me I'm getting so much stronger. I'm feeling so much stronger! 

2.19.2017: Did my first ever yoga workshop. 2.5 hours of straight yoga! It was intense and a great experience. I learned a lot! It was scary and intimidating at fired because of all those fantastic yogi's in the workshop, but I totally held me own! I loved it and can't wait to do it again!! 

2.21.2017: I'm not sure if I've ever said this but on Tuesday nights, Dan and I do body attack together. It's so great and I truly love working out with him!!! 

2.22.2017: Worked out on my own this morning. So un-motiviating. Haha! Ran for a while in sprint intervals and was pretty stoked to do two chin ups in a row. 

2.25.2017: Did weights with Dan! Hahahaha! I am so weak compared to him! I also think I need to lift more! 

02.28.2017: Dan is gone for the night and everyone is finally sleeping. Including poor little Kate. So I stepped outside for my yoga practice tonight. The weather was perfect and I attempted grasshopper pose for the first time. It took me a bit to actually figure it out but I got there. 

MARCH

03.01.2017: I have missed three yoga classes so far this week. Kater can't shake this little bug she has. I still am getting on my mat though and getting at least a half hour of yoga in, just to stretch at least! 

03.03.2017: It's finally here. The end goal date. 
Weighing in at 126.8
I'm incredibly happy with what I see and the progress I have made! I'm excited to celebrate tonight with my hubby who has loved and encouraged me through out this entire process. His opinion truly matters most to me and his reaction today with the side by side pictures really makes it all worth it. I did this for me. But I also did it for him. 





So there it all is. I won't lie.Obviously I could have lost the weight so much more quickly, but this wasn't about dieting. It wasn't about cutting foods out or having to give up eating out. I still want to splurge, go on vacations and trips where I can literally shove my mouth full of food!  I want to let myself indulge and not feel guilty over it. 

I worked hard. Really hard. I pushed away excuses! A lot of excuses.  It was just a matter of how bad I wanted it and what I was going to do to get it. 

This has been a personal goal to learn moderation in all things. It's been a good progressing and learning health year. I know that it was really slow going. Some days were awful, some weeks I struggled and even months that I felt completely out of it. But I never officially gave up. I stuck to my guns and finished it out. I proved to myself that hard work can pay off and that I can do hard things. 

THE FINAL RESULTS 






My progress continues. I'm setting new goals and new end dates. I'm focused on different tasks and discovering new things that work well for me. 

Late October is the next progress check point! Stay tuned! 










1 comment:

Cisneros Family said...

You're a babe!! I am so proud of you and how far you have come!! You are amazing!!!! You look awesome.
You are my inspiration!!