Sunday, May 28, 2017

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's Day sort of turned into a weekend thing for me this year and it was fantastic. 

Friday when I got home from take June to dance, Dan told me to pack a bag and head over to Spa Castle for the night. He had booked me a room and I was to spend the next 24 hours pampering myself. I was at a loss of words. It was truly the most amazing Mother's Day gift I could have asked for. 

I walked into my room and this was apart of the bathroom. I loved this tub. I even took a bath in it because I could. I took a bath and then a shower and then a bath again. It was so great and relaxing. 

I had a half hour facial and then an hour full body massage. I have never felt so melted and relaxed. Every muscle just seemed to unwind and feel at ease. It felt so good. I then spent the rest of the day in the different pools and spa section. 

Once I got all soaked and relaxed to my core, I went back to my room showered in complete silence and just soaked in the alone time. I got hungry later that night and ordered some Sushi and loaded up on snacks and treats for the night. I ate and ate and ate. I watched Netflix until I fell asleep. I woke up the next morning quietly, with no alarms, no one needing me and sadly no one to snuggle. Owen comes into our bed every morning for a snuggle. I dreamt about him that night. He's the one that makes me pull my hair out but he's the one I miss the most. What a weird thing right?  

I then had breakfast and headed back over to the spa for some more relaxation time. I slowly, very very slowly got ready for the day and then got a pedicure. After all the relaxation that I could take I decided to head back home. I headed to the car and this was inside waiting for me. Flowers and delicious treats and my favorite donuts. 

Later that day we got June ready for her Choir performance with DMCO. I didn't perform this semester. I simply was just too busy and couldn't swing it. 
After a nightmare with our babysitter (who isn't our usual and now I know why!) Dan ended up having to miss the performance because literally everyone and their mom was out of town. So I took June and watched her perform. 


We snuck out of the concert early and went to have dinner and ice cream just the two of us. 


Sunday was the usual Mother's Day. I didn't have to lift a finger all day. I'm so grateful for Dan and all he did to make sure that day was special for me. Again, Dan had to stay home from Church that day because Owen and Kate were both sick. So it was just June and I at church. 

After Church we came home and opened Mother's Day gifts. 

I finally got a yoga wheel. I have been wanting one for a while now, so I was really excited to finally get one and put it to use! 




Then Dan told me that June and Owen picked out gifts completely on their own for me. They got me a little bag full of lotions and hand sanitizers. We are obsessed with little bottles of hand sanitizers around here, so no surprise thats what they chose. Then they got me some fun spa stuff from Sephora. I'm excited to put it to use. June told me I could only do it with her though. Haha 

We had a relaxing day, delicious dinner and then early to bed because it was back to real life on Monday. 

I truly appreciate Mother's Day. Pregnancy didn't come easy for us so I'm so extremely blessed to have three healthy beautiful and bright children in my life that call me mom. 

I'm grateful for my own mom. Who still looks out for me, cares so deeply for me and still continues to spoil me rotten. Haha I've got one of the best for sure! 

I'm grateful for my mother in law. Who raised such a strong, beyond smart man. She taught him how to love show compassion and genuinely care for someone. I'm grateful for her example to me and my children! 

There are so many amazing women in my life and whether they are a mother or not I celebrate them on mother's day because of the example they are to me. 

Love you all. 


No comments: