Wednesday, November 15, 2017

All of Halloween


Halloween was so great this year. Probably one of my favorite Halloweens in a very long time, if not the very best. 

We all know that Owen has stolen my heart and he just can do no wrong right now. Including dressing up as Mario. I mean, I just can't even. 

He had a little Halloween costume parade and then was able to trick or treat around his school. 

 I just like him. I mean we all have to love our children, but I just really like Owen. I like hanging out with him. 

Saturday evening before Halloween we had our Ward Trunk or Treat. Dan was out of town and we are still newbies in the ward so I hesitated going, but I knew the kids would want to go and be with their friends, so we went and I AM SO GLAD WE DID!!  

We had such a fun time and I can't get over our Ward. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. It's just a change of pace that I fully welcome. 

My little bumble bee. Of course in my eyes she can do no wrong! 

The Little Mermaid 

This girl eats and drinks like it's no ones business. 

I have a calling in the Young Women Program in our ward and we were in charge of face painting. June loved it and the girls were all so excited to paint faces. It was fun! 

We played all sorts of games

Since I was without Dan by my side, I had to man the Trunk myself and so that meant I let June and Owen go walk around all by themselves. June thought it was magnificent and so grown up. Obviously I knew she wasn't going anywhere and people were watching out for them, but it was fun to let them have a little independence. I told June to make sure to not lose Owen. 

June got side tracked with little friends and Owen had eventually made his way back to the car by himself. June came wandering over with her friends to trunk or treat and she saw Owen in the back. She goes "OWEN! There you are! I was sooooooo worried!!" Hahaha she was panicked that she lost him. It was sweet. Kate and Owen helped me hand out candy for the rest of the night. 

We ended up winning a costume award! We really had so much fun. 

Halloween night, Dan came home early for work to get ready for Trick or Treating. We were so excited to go out in our new neighborhood and see what it was all about. 

Mario and Luigi. 

June couldn't stand the thought of Owen having a picture with just Daddy, so she had to get one too. 

Then of course by herself. 

My amazing crew 



We went trick or treating with our neighbors in our Cul-de-sac and went to town through out the neighborhood. 

Then through out the night we met up with different friends and ward members 

I love this man. So much. 

When deciding where we wanted to live, I had a list of things that a community kind of had to have.  Obviously there is no perfect place, but I can honestly say Roanoke and Seventeen Lakes have met all expectations and more. Don't get me wrong, I really liked Carrollton. Great memories there, but both Dan and I grew up in small towns and we wanted that closeness and tight knit feel of a community for our kids that we had. We wanted a neighborhood where we know our neighbors and they have kids too. As much as we loved our old house and Carrollton, it just lacked some things we wanted for our family. How we got so lucky to where we live now is beyond me. 
How we ended up in a Cul de sac with cute girls that are the same age as June and a little boy the same age as Owen is a dream. It was so fun not having to drive anywhere to go trick or treating because our neighborhood was lame. Our streets were full of kids. Full of friendly people. I befriended so many people Halloween night. My heart was just really full this night because this is what I want our kids to know. This is the kind of place I want them to grow up in. Again, totally drinking the Kool Aid. 



We headed back to our house and we ran into some friends and we hung out in our Cul de sac for another hour while kids came and went. 

It was just a really good Halloween! 

No comments: