Monday, November 13, 2017

October Randoms

October is an insane month. Every year. So October Randoms are few just because we have so much going on.

General Conference is a great start to our October. 


June got the Character of Excellence in her school assembly. Her teacher told us that it's actually a pretty big deal to be the first one to get it in the school year. But honestly, it's June. I can't say I'm surprised. That girl follows the rules to a T! 




Scrolling through my Instagram one morning and there pops up my sister on the LDS Instagram page. Hahaha it was so random and funny. She about died! 


 Our cute little Town throws a Fall Festival every year. We got to check it out and of course it was adorable! I freaking love this place! One of my friends who we saw there said that we are guilty of drinking the Roanoke Kool Aid. I'll drink it all day long. It's just a place that I'm really glad my kids will grow up in. 





I was so awful this year and I actually do feel bad about the fact that we never actually carved pumpkins this year. We opted for painting them and though the kids still had a great time it just wasn't the same. We will definitely be carving next year! 

Kate got tired of painting the pumpkin and went for her self. 

They turned out cute all the same! 

 Kate's costume arrived one day and she begged to put it on, so I did. She then refused to take the blasted bee costume off all day! So it led to a perfect picture asleep with her little wings on her back. 

And then she just continued to wear it. 







Ive been trying to give more independence in different areas of life. We are working on the kitchen skills right now and the girl can flat out make scrambled eggs on her own. Cracked eggs and all. 

Dan and I have weekly lunch dates and one day we were just doing our usual chit chat and an older gentleman leaned over and started talking to us. He asked how long we had been married, we looked at each other, smiled and then told him just shy of 10 years. His eyes got wide and a shocked look on his face told us he thought we were newly weds! How we were interacting with each other he was shocked that we had been married for so long! I really liked that. I like that we still have that spark about us. It really made my day hearing him say that. I always feel like we have a good marriage but it's always nice to hear that it's seen that way too. 

Primary Program 10.22.2017 
Kate insisted on being in the photo as well. June rocked her part and Owen stood, and smiled but never said a word. 

During the week on my non yoga days I walk with some girl friends. And we seriously kick some booty. We at least put in 2.5 miles every time and we kill it on the hills. It's pretty intense. Anyways, one particular morning it was really cold. I bundled Kate and Owen up and put Dan's hat on Owen. He was so cute!!!! 

It's no secret that Owen loves forts and hiding holes. He will make that happen where ever he is. In any kind of furniture. 

Just little Ranger. I don't take pictures of him very often but I'm always glad when I do. He's a good pup and slowly starting to get old. 

There you have October Randoms! 

No comments: