Monday, March 12, 2018

February Randoms

February came and went in a flash and now here we sit almost mid way through March. SLOW DOWN TIME!!! 

June had her 100th day at school and each grade at her school does different 100 things. Kindergarten dressed up like 100 year olds. 

They also had 100 day snacks and sorting stations. Also- I am so grateful for school technology. Our school has this app where they constantly send us pictures, and work that our students are doing. It's been amazing seeing June's work on a regular basis and it makes my day when I get pictures sent to me. I really love it. 

Dan patiently waiting for me to finish all my yoga stuff. 

June's school hosted a Daddy/Daughter dance. We went and got June a new little dress and got her all fancied up for the big night. She thrives for these kinds of things! 
Kate wanted in on some of the action. 

They were so cute. 

June is officially a little girl. It sometimes catches me off guard how much she has grown up this year. Kindergarten has done her wonders in her confidence and her ability to be more independent. 

Our cul-de-sac neighbors and little besties at the dance 

June said the best part of the dance was that they had a live DJ and that he knew how to mix a beat! Bahahahaha 


 My little tag along one day. It has been so weirdly cold here in Texas and we are over it! We are begging for warmer days, sunshine and swimsuits 

Sometimes she just lays down to take a little rest. I laid down with her and we sang songs for a bit. 

She refused to take a nap and then eventually crawled into my lap and fell asleep. I obviously hated it. ;) 

We were all ready for church one morning and right as we were about to leave this HUGE ice storm came and everything was frozen in seconds. Church was cancelled and we were all just taken back by this storm that came from no where. It lasted for about 20 minutes, long enough to not make it to church but by late afternoon everything was melted. It was the weirded thing. 

So we baked cakes 


Our annual Valentines delivery to Dan's office. Kate did the majority of the work. Owen was a bit shy but he liked walking around with Dan. 






Dan left Valentines Day so we actually planned to celebrate the weekend before but Kate ended up getting super sick so we backed out. We got some take out and I got some flowers. It was kind of perfect. We then had a group date with friends the following weekend so we got somewhat of a date for Valentines. Haha 
The kids got little Valentines goodies 

Owen came down later that night and he laid down with me for a bit. I didn't mind at all. The company was nice with Dan gone. 

A few nights with Dan gone I get really really bored. And I had already done my yoga stuff for the evening and still was restless, so I cut my bangs with kitchen scissors at 10:30 at night. I was really really bored. 

It worked out? Haha 


Sunday walks and waiting for Dan to get home being gone in Canada 




Park days when it warmed up a bit. We were still in the newness of potty training here so I was on high alert here. 

I push my limits sometimes with yoga. I get ambitious and get a little over zealous. A lot of the times I succeed and a lot of the times I fall and hit my head incredibly hard on the wood floor. Like hit so hard I passed out for a minute (more like a few seconds) but I collapsed on the ground. It also turned incredibly dark and I could not see. It was freaky. I had some pretty good goose eggs after that fall and a bruise that followed that week. Flying pigeon. 

Owen came down one night while we were finishing an episode of "Top Chef". We let him stay up and watch it. But he wanted to sit close to the fire and then Ranger came and snuggled next to him. 

He then ran and snuggled in our bed to finally fall asleep. 

This is an incredibly grainy picture and horrible lighting but I really love how willing Dan is to play along with all my yoga. He's so supportive in all that has been happening and will be happening. We have fun doing yoga pictures together. 

So we have some good space in our house for the kids to play. I mean we basically have an entire upstairs that we have dedicated to kids but somehow we find them setting up their play stuff right in the middle of the floor. I had mutual that night so I didn't really care because I didn't have to clean it up. Haha 

I can pretty confidently say that our ward here in Roanoke is the best ward we have ever been in. The amount of love and friendships we have received here is overwhelming. I love that majority of June's friends from church go to school wit her. That there are kids that are the same age as all of  my children and everyone just clicks well together. It's incredible. I know without a doubt our wards will split probably sometime soon due to all the growth out here but for now I'm completely consumed by this little Roanoke bubble we live in. 
We had an awesome ward party one night. Fire dancers included. 

I quickly had to sneak a picture of Dan one day at church. I know you can't really see it here but all three kids were ALL OVER HIM!! It was so funny and I just sat there quietly and got to enjoy the speakers. It was great. Dan had other opinions about the day. Bahahaha 

So this is so stupid but I had to document it. With an apple watch you get achievements for doing different things. So I got a new phone and sadly my watch went all crazy and didn't back up all my workouts and achievements. I don't really care all that much about it except for this 400% one. It's one I earned during my yoga Teacher Training where I literally did yoga for 12 hours. I burned over 1400 calories that day and was completely worn out. Something I want to remember and didn't want to lose. It's dumb I know, but really it has significant value to me and what it stands for. Now here is to starting over with new goals and achievements. Worth if for a new phone. Haha  


And now we say goodbye to February. Thanks for being so great! 

No comments: