Sunday, March 11, 2018

Potty Trained Kid Number 3

I always get a big shocked look on people's faces when they hear I potty trained Kate. But here's the thing. I potty trained my other two when they were YOUNGER than Kate mostly because I refused to have two children in diapers. Kate turned two in January and I really had no intentions of potty training her but she has been showing ALL THE SIGNS and truly hated wearing a diaper. She was always taking it off, and always asking to sit on the potty, plus she took a huge interest when anyone in the house headed to the bathroom. I knew I couldn't hold it off any longer. 
I also always potty train when Dan goes out of town. He's a distraction, a good one, but a distraction and I like the absolute focus on potty training so I waited until he was in Canada and hit the ground running. 
I was a little less stressed about this go around mainly because we didn't have a deadline, like a new baby coming, so I was a little more relaxed. I was pretty strict on my three day rule and it works like a charm. Literally three for three of my kids potty trained this way.

We quarantined ourselves in the house all weekend and it definitely got old. Especially for the older two, but we did great filling the time and running to the potty every twenty minutes. I kept a list on day one but again I was a little more relaxed this go around and stopped keeping track. Kate had her potty chart but really wasn't in to it. So we filled it for the first couple of days and that was it. 
Then boom. Potty Trained. 

So we are officially diaper free at our house. Well besides pull-ups. She still is little and wears a pull-up every night and sometimes naps. She stays dry majority of the time but I'm still not taking the risk just yet. 

Kate has nailed potty training. Don't get me wrong we still have accidents if we get too distracted and she forgets to listen to her body (Which is CLEARLY expected and PERFECTLY NORMAL) but we have conquered public potties and my worries of going long periods of time are diminishing. 

I'm so so proud of her and love her dearly. We are still on potty watch pretty closely and if she hasn't told me to go potty about every two hours we go have a little potty break. 



She's my bestie, my little tag along and as much as I hate having her grow up into this little human I can't help but be completely consumed by all the things she's accomplishing. Shhhh don't tell the others but she's my favorite. ;) 

No comments: