Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Thanksgiving Festivities


 Thanksgiving was so much fun this year! We had a wonderful week of celebrating gratefulness and being with family. It all started with Kate and Owen's Thanksgiving lunch at their school. 

What they are thankful for... 


Kate's smile kills me every time! 

Over Thanksgiving break our local gas station was running a promotion that it was free drinks and slurpee's for two solid weeks. We were there sooooo much!!! 


Gathering the troops! 

 The Tuesday before Thanksgiving my parents flew in! I was so happy to have them here! 

Enjoying the warm sunshine! 

My mom came and took a yoga class from me. It was great having her in class. 

Then the rest of Wednesday was spent prepping for Thanksgiving. Dan and my dad did take off and did Top Golf. 


Thanksgiving day was spent prepping food and eating and eating. The kids decorated plates that we baked later. 
 My mom did most of the work. I'll be honest. We all know i suck in the kitchen. 

All the food!! SOOOO MUCH FOOOOOOOD!!! 

Me and the kids. I have no clue where Dan was. Hahaha 

There he is. HA! 

My amazing parents with the kids!! 

My parents have a tradition where they do a fishing pond for the kids. They were so excited! 



After dinner naps! I sleep so good after Thanksgiving eating! Haha 

Nana painting Kate's nails 

My parents live outside! 

Getting fresh air with bike riding and playing!

The next day my mom and I went shopping and then we took the kids to go see "The Grinch" 


One day we went and got lunch and took the kids to Bicentennial park. We played for hours there


Gramps and Owen

I think we played on this rope jungle gym for the majority of the time. That and the zip line 


A few days after Thanksgiving we went and got our tree while my parents went Christmas shopping


We (i mean me) really wanted a big tree. Like a 14 footer but they didn't have any. I admit I was a bit sad. So we grabbed the tallest tree they had at Home Depot. June and Dan's annual Christmas tree picture. Normally it is of the two of them on top of the car wrapping it up, but we have the truck now so they were in the back. 


Our last night with my parents we got a babysitter and took them to The Melting Pot. It's a fun restaurant!

These girls are just perfection. June is so patient with Kate! 

More exploring around our house and at the ponds. We fed the ducks, played and walked a lot. We had fun. 



Then sadly my parents had to head home and it was time to get back into school mode and Christmas Festivities!!!! 

It was an awesome Thanksgiving! 

No comments: