Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Easter Cantata 2015

This past weekend was the 3rd annual Easter Cantata and my 2nd year performing in it. I hesitated actually participating this year just because I already had so much going on, that I did feel a little stretched at times. But I am SO SO SO GLAD I did it. Life is about being a part of something great and not just sitting around right?! So I am so glad I participated and was able to perform. I always feel the spirit so strongly when I'm singing songs regarding our Savior and the gospel, and being able to share my testimony through my talent and something I love so much just adds to the awesomeness. I knew I wanted to do it... 

(I stole all the pictures off of our Cantata Facebook page... Photos were done by the ever so talented  Amy Herfurth!)


The advertisement for this years performance 


Our performance was held in our church's Sacrament meeting room, so there were no pictures taken in there. We had an amazing choir turn out this year and some amazing voices! 

This year I was asked to take part in an ensemble women's group. We sang "Life Thine Eyes" It was a beautiful song to sing and grateful to be asked to be apart of it. 




The performance was all put together (along with helpers) by Morgan Wicker. First of all she has some major music talent and I am so grateful to know her, to have her as our Ward Choir director and to be her friend. Second of all,  she put together an amazing program and each year just gets better and better! She's kinda the coolest!

We had performances Saturday night and Sunday night. Our original plan was to drop Owen and June off at our friends house Saturday night, and then we would take their little girl Sunday night so that Dan and the Anderson's could enjoy the performance... Well Owen woke up with a fever, cough and runny nose (Shocker right?) so we had to back out of our plans. Then we were still planning to take our friends little girl but then she fell ill Sunday... Sickness all around. I'm sooooo over it. 
So unfortunately Dan was not able to make it the performances, but I have been singing the songs all week that I told him he's basically heard the whole thing. Haha. 


It was very fun performing! I love the music, I love learning something new every rehearsal, and just being part of something so great that shares and spreads the Gospel. 

No comments: