Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Kate at One Month

2.22.2016

Dear Kate, Katorade, Chub-Chubs,
You are already a month old! Seriously?! How did time go so fast. I love it and hate it. I seriously can't get over how much I love you, nor do I want to. You are the sweetest little thing and such a good baby. It's fun to have you still be in the new little baby stage but not so much of a newborn where everything is so sensitive. It really has been such a good month with you.  

You have rocked your first month with eating and sleeping, a little bit of tummy time, snuggles from mom and dad, plus a lot of attention from your older brother and sister. All June wants to do is be by your side and make sure you are happy, and Owen sings the alphabet to you at least 10 times a day. He gets very concerned when you are upset. He's already a protective big brother over you. I really like that and hope it stays that way. 

Kate, you love to be swaddled, and covered in blankets. You love to be snuggled and all wrapped up. No wonder you hate getting your bum changed or your clothes changed, because it means you have to be naked! When it comes to baths you don't mind the nakedness so much as long as the bath water is extra warm. We have experimented with this and you like an exceptionally warm bath.

Right now you are wearing size 1 diapers (but honestly I think thats going to change soon) and wearing 0-3 clothes. You have already grown out of all newborn sizes. You are sleeping in your bassinet right next to me and sleeping like a champ. You usually do about a 4-5 hour stretch, eat, get a bum change and then go right back to sleep. It makes for a very happy Mama. 
You also did your first sleep through the night and it was glorious! I knew it wouldn't stick around, but I sure enjoyed a full nights sleep for the fist time in a really really long time. So thank you for that. 

You have had a rather good first month little one. You have been a trooper tagging along to all of your siblings playdates and appointments. You don't fuss or get cranky unless you are hungry or have had enough of your carseat. Sorry toots but we got to keep moving and a carseat is going to be a big part of your life. 

I just can't believe you are already a month old. I truly love you so incredibly much and I wish I had all the time in the world to snuggle you. It's a lot harder to find the time to just sit and hold you, but know that when the other kiddos go to bed thats our time together, which usually means a good snuggle session on my chest for a few hours. I love it. I love you and how perfectly you fit into our family. 

Love you little girl. You have stolen my heart. 

Love, Mom 








1 comment:

Rasmussens said...

She is seriously beautiful. Love this little girl.