Monday, February 29, 2016

Today, Motherhood was Hard

It's Leap Day and since it only comes around every four years I knew I better have blog to mark the date!

 I had planned to do a "Randoms" post for the day, but plans change and things happen that change my train of thoughts. 

So here I am blogging about how today, motherhood was hard. This blog post is not what you think it is. It's not talk about the amount of stress, the endless laundry or how the kids are always fighting. No. Today was a day where motherhood was hard because my heart was broken for my little boy. Motherhood was hard because I have a newborn who is in constant need of me. Motherhood was hard because I had to trust that June was ok spending all day with a friend. Today, motherhood was hard. 

How I had to watch and hold Owen down while they put in an IV. Him laying there screaming "mommy home" and looking at me wondering why I'm letting this happen. 

Motherhood was hard today as I had to leave my baby boy behind while I had to go care for my other two littles. I felt horribly guilty leaving him, though he was safe with daddy. I had to go get June and get Kate home. Oh I have never wished more to be split in two. 

My heart hurt a lot today with questions, making decisions, and watching Owen be in so much pain and know there wasn't a thing I could do but sit there and try to comfort him. 

Today, motherhood was hard. 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry! :( I hope that things get better soon for your family!