Sunday, February 14, 2016

The beginning of February

Happy Valentines Day! Before I get into all that love stuff, I thought I better get some random pictures on the blog. 

It's been a good start to the month. A lot of re-adjusting life and figuring it all out with three kids. It's actually gone quite well and I'm slowly starting to get the hang of it. 

Little Kate has seriously been the best little newborn. 

We have been spending a lot of time at home which in all honesty I don't mind! The weather has also been AMAZING! So we spend a lot of time outside and in the back or front yard. June loves the front yard and being able to mail letters to people. We spend a big portion of our day out there. 

We had lunch and played at the park one day with daddy. 

This actually was Kate's first outing! 



Our car is now full! We all fit! At first we thought that we would put Kate in the back and just slide June's seat forward, but we soon realized that was not practical. Then we tried putting June on the side, in the back. Trying to save some of our cargo space. But after driving like that for a bit, we soon realized that we couldn't get anything to June, let alone see or hear her. It made us realize she needed to be sitting in the middle. June is still WAY too small for just a booster seat, so for now we lose a lot of our cargo space. It works and we now have our system down of getting everyone into the car. It's working people. 

Like I said the weather has been so nice and warm. So we have spent a lot of time outside. 

It was rough for Dan to go back to work. He had a hard time putting Kate down when he got home that first day. 

After a huge blowout she zonked out before I could get some new clothes on her, so she napped in just a diaper. 

It's funny because I think back to when I just had June. Sitting in the rocking chair and nursing her was so quiet and peaceful. I could read, maybe watch a show, or even just stare at my precious little one. NOW when I'm nursing Kate, I'm usually entertained by the two older kiddos. It's not so quiet  anymore...

Owen is being picky about nap time. We aren't sure yet if he is giving up his naps or not. I really really hope that he is still willing to sleep, because he needs it just as much as I do. But he's been struggling a bit ever since Kate came home, so we are working on figuring him out. Anyways one napless day he was climbing on our bed and fell off. Hitting his head. Made him so mad that he ended up crying himself to sleep. Don't worry, we kept an eye on him to make sure he actually woke up. 

Just my little Kate sleeping away. 



Fun together. 

We started doing tummy time and she isn't a fan, but she sure is a cutie doing some tummy time. 

Dan headed to bed one night while I was snuggling Kate. I told him I would be to bed in a minute. Well turns out getting up while holding a newborn is incredibly hard, so I sent Dan a text with this pictures asking him how in the world I was supposed to come to bed?! She's just so snuggly!!! 

We sent a picture to daddy to tell him how much we missed him while he was at work. 

some tummy time and sister bonding 

Jumping on the tramp and coming up with more ways to hurt each other. 

And a selfie with my little Kate 

June was giving out free makeovers and Owen was loving it! Lipstick and all! 

The end result. Isn't he pretty?! 

We went and did a little shopping and while Dan was looking at shirts, June said "Mom, you have to take our picture on this bench!" So I did! 

Then she wanted one of just her. 

We rewarded their good shopping behavior with a ride on the carousal. 


Look to the left. Owen hated it. 

Its been a good, adjusting beginning of the month. It hasn't always been easy and we are still working on feeling completely back to normal, but I know that will come with time. I just have to remember that it's only been three weeks and to give myself a break. That's hard for me to do! 

No comments: