Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Christmas 2017

What a wonderful Christmas it was, this year. We knew we wanted to be home to celebrate in our new house but I admit we did miss family a lot this year! Thank goodness for technology! 

Christmas Eve morning June comes into our room heartbroken because there was nothing in her stocking. She got the days mixed up and it was heartbreaking when she came in so sad. She was relieved that it wasn't Christmas Yet. 

It was Sunday and we have 8:30am church so we were up and at it pretty early, getting everyone ready. We made it and even managed a picture. 

I snapped a picture at church because of how matchy  everyone was. It was cute. 

We only had Sacrament meeting, so after church we came home, got in comfy clothes and started prepping for our Christmas dinner later that day. 
 June and Owen were in charge of the Veggie tray.

Owen wanted to add blue berries on there for Kate because Kate inhales blue berries and can eat an entire case in one sitting, and also Owen is the sweetest little thing in the whole world. The kids did a great job on the veggie tray. 

We had our little candle light dinner. Dan made Prime Rib this year. My family has this at Christmas dinner so we decided to give it a go. We need some practice. Haha but we still ate it and it ended up being good. 

After dinner we had some time before our Christmas Eve festivities began, so we went and took a walk around our neighborhood to burn off some of the food we ate. 


After our walk, we got all settled and unbundled because Texas turned freaking freezing all of  the sudden, and then got ready for our traditional Christmas Eve. 
We opened pajamas and we all had matching ones this year. Which kind of turned into a failure. I accidentally got Dan WOMEN'S PAJAMAS!!! He was such a good sport about it though because he didn't want Owen to feel left out. I was laughing so incredibly hard. Every time I looked at him, I lost it. They were clearly a women's cut. I don't know what I was thinking! 



After we got our pajamas, we went and sprinkled our reindeer food out on the lawn. 


P.J. Our elf was about to leave with Santa that night and gave the kids special permission to give him a hug. June was THRILLED!!! 



We watched The Nativity and Dan read from Luke 2. Then we got ready to say goodnight. We got our pinwheel and cookies ready to go followed with a Dr.Pepper because Santa requested for one in our return letters from him. (Thanks grandpa). 

 We let the kids sleep together in June's room. We also let them watch a movie because we knew they weren't going to go to bed anytime soon and us "Santas" really wanted to get going on setting everything up! 

I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS LOVE setting up the kids for Christmas. It is so much fun!! Thankfully one of our friends let us have his garage for a bit and helped put June's car together a few weeks before Christmas. So that was already built. But the rest of it all had to be put together! Thankfully Dan and I are an awesome team and got everything done and stockings loaded by about 12:30. 

We told the kids that they COULD NOT come downstairs until we went and got them. Dan and I set an alarm for about 6am and then went upstairs and laid on the couches and waited for the kids to wake up. June was already in her room playing and Owen made it back to his bed to sleep. So we waited for him. 
THEN IT WAS GO TIME!! 

We did wake up Kate and then all headed downstairs. It was of course nothing but squeals and excitement all around!! Then it just all went into blur mode! 




At one point Kate came over and just plopped down in the middle of the floor. I rubbed her head for a while until she was ready to go back and look at more toys. 

June instantly wanted to ride her car. So we carried it outside and let her have a spin around the cul-de-sac. 

Taking passengers along the way. 

Kate was pretty excited about everyone's stuff but her own. She wanted ALL of June's things and it was driving June crazy!! hahahaha. I think that puppy in the background became Kate's for a while. 

My sweet little June bug. Waiting to start opening presents. 

Kate also waiting patiently. 

June had just opened a present that had clothes in it and her reaction was so funny. So I knew Owen would probably not be a super fan of clothes either. I WAS WRONG! He was randomly so happy and would not stop hugging the clothes!!! 

Kate's dreams came true with dolls, barbies and her very own purse. 

Grandma knows the way to her heart and got her "Masha & Bear" dolls. Kate's FAVORITE SHOW!!! 

Dan and I were spoiled as well. Dan got a Nintendo switch. Well we "Both" got a Nintendo Switch, but really Dan got it and I got a bunch of  yoga stuff! It's as if I like yoga or something.... ;)  


I have been wanting book ends for a while now as my book collection starts growing with yoga. But I wanted them to be just perfect. Well, enter in crystals and a Geologist into my life! Guys, I might be turning weird with the whole crystal thing... I say it's for the Geologist but really, I'm kind of obsessed! Obviously this picture DOES NOT DO JUSTICE!!! They are beautiful and I love them dearly. 

Thank you Manduka for giving me things I didn't even know I needed until I had them in my life. 

I am so obsessed with Owen right now. I mean he is just perfection in my eyes. His sweetness, his love, his talking! ALL OF IT! I can't get enough of him. We spent a lot of Christmas bundled up together while June rode around in her car. 

My awesome brother and sis in law gave Kate her very own bag of Dum Dum suckers. She doesn't really eat them, she just loves unwrapping them. So when I found the bag like this, I wasn't at all surprised. The bag did go up higher though. Little stinker and her climbing! 

June got yoga clothes for her American girl doll and she immediately asked if we could go do yoga and take pictures with them. We had fun playing around! 

Then just like that Christmas was over. It always goes so fast. I love this day. It's so fun. We spent all day playing with toys. Watching movies, playing endlessly on Nintendo Switch and just being together as a family. It was a great Christmas!! 

Hope you all had a wonderful Holiday!! 

No comments: