Friday, February 1, 2019

Nutcracker Girls Trip


June and I took a girls trip to Salt Lake to go see The Nut Cracker with all the girl cousins and grandma. It was such a fun trip!! 

We left Thursday night and flew to Salt Lake. June being impatient with the lines to get onto the plane. 

Gramps and gramps sent us this picture letting us know our rooms were ready at the hotel. 

We met up at the airport with Meg and Sammi and then headed to see my parents who came to pick us up at the hotel. We then had a quick bite to eat, got settled in the hotel and fell asleep fast. We were all tired. We were also very excited to get Brooke and Michy here with their girls the next day. 

The next morning we woke up slowly and got ready for the day. We let the girls play around 


We stayed at Little America and we had breakfast down in their cafe. It was pretty good! 


There wasn't much snow which we were a little sad about but we made the most of what was there. Which included snow ball fights with the snow we did find. June's face is pure joy. 

We went and shopped at a cute little village. That is where we met up with Michy and the girls. 
 

We had a lot of fun with the shops and did a little Christmas shopping. 



We took the tram system everywhere which was really nice to not have to find parking wherever we went. 

We made it to Temple Square which was amazing. It has been years since I have been there. It's so funny how much we take that for granted because I used to go there every year with my family and I miss those traditions. 

It was so fun experiencing with June. She was obsessed with all the lights and she loved seeing the Salt Lake Temple in person. 






My mom always goes CRAZY for us girls. she loaded us up with thee funnest stuff for Christmas, including these awesome sweaters. We all wanted to wear them, so we did! haha 

These girls putting on their best pouty faces to have grandma buy them toys in the Disney Store. Of course she caved. Grams can't say no to those faces. 

We did a cute "Favorites" gift exchange with the girls at the hotel. We were missing Lauren, but she was kicking but with her dancing! All the girls brought something that was their favorite. It was a cute gift exchange. 

Michy and I hit the weights while the girls swam. Thanks for the picture Megan (Only 9 month pregnant) 

After workout selfie 

Swimming girls with their dolls 


We got to go do The Light The World giving machines. It was really cool. Where you put in money and pick what you would like to donate. We did an eye exam and glasses, 50+ applesauce and 30+ mac and cheese. June loved picking them! haha I wasn't surprised that she picked the mac and cheese. 


The cute missionaries there helping! They were so friendly. Not surprised at all. 


Loved how everything was so festive for Christmas. 

 The girls ran into the Grinch while shopping 

Love all these cute cousins. 



My mom also gave us all Lululemon gift cards and then plus my discount for being a teacher made for quite a night at Lululemon. It was so fun! We were in there forever!! We had quite the bill walking out of there and the guy that's pictured with us was our cashier and he was so cool with all the charges and how we had to split it up a million different ways. We became best friends by the end of the night! 

Obviously some yoga had to be done. I shared a story about how I lost my phone of the train and then some nice man came running after me asking if that was my phone. My phone is also my wallet. With credit cards, ID and plus my phone. It was have been horrible to lose it! So grateful for kind people. 

A huge gingerbread house all with real candy! It's so cool!! 

Waiting for the train!

Little Livvy broke her knee right before coming on the trip but she was a trooper! She handled that wheel chair like a boss! 

Cute little cousin besties 

June got to make her snow angel and I think that was the highlight of the trip for her. Haha 



 The reason we came was to go to the Nut Cracker. It was fun getting all dressed up! 
Heading to dinner. We all went to Olive Garden. A big Family tradition! 

The girls had matching dresses and then their dolls did too. 






At the NutCracker 

All these beautiful examples I have in my life!! And I guess I didn't get the memo to wear black! 

The show was amazing! We all had a blast and it was so fun all being together! I loved every minute of it!! So grateful for these chances to share with my daughter. 

The next morning we woke up and everyone headed out. June and I were the last to leave. We took Uber to the airport and waited for our flight. 

And just like that it was over. We always love trips like this! Such amazing memories with my sisters and their girls! It was fun seeing all the festivities in Utah and being part of all the Christmas Crazy! Hope to keep this tradition going! 

No comments: