Thursday, April 24, 2014

6 Months Old


Dear Owen, Chunk, Owit, OD, Chub Chubs, and baby,
     I cannot believe that you have hit your half year mark. It does not feel like you should be that old! Time is slipping away to quickly and it's not fair! I feel like I am constantly trying to suck in as much of every moment as possible because I feel it slipping through my fingers so fast. I want time to slow down. I am loving this age of yours!! You are all smiles, you seem so much more content and now that we have the eating, and sleeping routine thing down, life seems a lot smoother for all of us. So here is where we are at for six months old.
     You are a chunk. You are very close to weighing the same as your sister, and in pictures you pretty much are the same size. She adores you and you are always laughing at her. She is always so worried about whether you are happy, or content. If you don't have any toys, she will be right on it to make sure you do. I hope this relationship always lasts. 
    We have seemed to find a happy spot as of right now with a routine. You wake up between 5 and 6am, eat and then go back down to sleep until about 8:30. You wake up so incredibly happy. It's my favorite time of morning coming and getting you out of your crib, just because you are all smiles and so content. You are still nursing which I am actually surprised. I wasn't able to nurse this long with your sister, though we are starting to add formula to your milk at night and sometimes in the morning. It just depends on if I think you are getting enough from me. But I am very excited to have you start eating more solid foods. You HATE rice cereal. and I hate it too. So I stopped forcing it down your throat. Don't worry, we stopped with your sister too and she seems just fine. It's just awful stuff and smells awful so there is no more of that! We have given you a few saltine crackers which you gummed up pretty quickly. 
    You tend to get a bit grumpy around 9:30 and then fall asleep in your crib at 10. I love you napping in your crib.  You are also continuing the whole suffocation thing with your blanket to put you to sleep. I'm not sure when you will give that up... but every time it gives me a panic attack! You sleep longer and so much more sounder when you are in your crib. You are usually up around 11-11:30 or you stay asleep in the carseat if we have errands to run in the morning... Sorry about that. We play and then I attempt to get you back down around 2. For some reason you hate your crib this time of day and usually you end up taking about a two hour nap in the bouncer. Not ideal, but I will take it. Then we eat more, bounce in the exersaucer, which you could play in all day. You love it!  Then it's bath and bed between 7-7:30. Your night sleeping is getting so much better. The short nights are still 5 hours, and just this week you slept a solid 12 hours. It was glorious! But not every night. We are still waking up and I really need to let you just cry it out, but for some reason I am having such a hard time with you. But we will see. I can't  give in every time!! 
     You are getting so playful and you LOVE the attention. You can't be alone or you cry! You love playing with your toys and shoving any cloth material into your mouth. The car is not your favorite thing. In fact you hate your car seat. You have learned the whole arch your back, shake you head nonsense and I feel so bad forcing you into that thing. It's sad. 
     You are babbling up a storm. Constantly spitting bubbles or gabbing away. You are a squealer just like your sister. You have a very high pitched scream and when you get really excited! I love it. 



You aren't really a cuddler. You like to have your own space and fall asleep at your own pace. But sometimes I can get a good snuggle out of you. You just love to see what's around you and constantly kick your feet. 

You are getting so incredibly good at sitting up by yourself. You tip over still quite a bit, but for the most part you have it down. Especially if something is in front of you keeping your attention. 



Those teeth of yours continue to try and push through causing a constant fountain. Your tongue rubs against your gums non stop and you suck in your bottom lip when I think they are really hurting. 
All in all OD, you are continuing to grow and you get more awesome with each day. I am so in love with your contagious smile and your constant state of happiness... except when you are hungry or tired of course. I am so in love with everything about you! I am just simply in love with you. You are my chub chubs, and my little boy. I love having a son and all that comes with it. Your dad has already started mapping out his plans he has for you and his adventures... You will have quite the time son. He loves you!! We all do. 

Happy 1/2 Birthday Baby Owit!
     Love, Mom 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

He is too cute for words! Eli also love to smother his face with the blanket too, he still loves it close!