Sunday, April 13, 2014

Easter Cantata

One big thing that Dan and I are doing this year is working on bettering ourselves and our talents. To not be completely consumed by parenthood and realize that we are still individuals with individual talents that we would like to continue to do or get better at. We are both working and different things, but one of mine is getting back into singing. 
     I really found that I could actually sing back when I was a sophomore and ran with it. I dedicated my time to private lessons for years and school choirs. I love being able to sing. I love singing to my children. I love that look Dan get's when I catch him watching me when I am singing, and I love doing it for my family and for myself. So I took it upon myself to get involved in any choir I could. Now I am working on a few other things, but the most recent was in our Church at the Easter Cantata. I was hesitant to do it, simply because it required so much of my time and Dan would have to be putting the kids to bed a lone more nights than normal, but being the most amazing husband ever!, He kindly pushed me into singing in our Easter Cantata and I am so grateful he did. It was so much fun getting to know other people from other Wards, and rehearsing and really reading music and music Theory. I loved it. 
    Our performances were Friday and Saturday night. We had a full SATB choir along with string and brass instruments. It was fun singing with the orchestra and that too made me realize how much I miss playing my violin. Time to get that thing out and playing! 
I sadly didn't take any pictures besides the ones of the program. My favorite piece was "Did You See Him in the Garden." It's weird, but I don't like it because of the music, I LOVED it because of the words. I tried to find a mp3 of it or a Youtube video for you to listen to, but it wasn't available. If anything, read the words. They are so powerful and no lie, I got choked up every time we sang or rehearsed this song. It's wonderful. All these songs are so beautiful! I very much enjoyed doing it and definitely plan to do it again next year! I am so grateful for my talent. I am grateful for the ability to read music, to use my voice and singing as a tool to bring those closer to Heavenly Father. 




No comments: