Monday, April 21, 2014

EASTER!!!! WE ARE ALL HOPPED UP ON SUGAR!!!!

I sure hope everyone had a fantastic Easter. Our's was low key and we loved it! Since we had just gotten back from San Francisco we decided to not go to over the top this year. 

On Saturday we were planning on going to an Easter egg hunt, but Dan and I slept in past 8 and June slept in close to 10am!! So we obviously missed it. Luckily we had a little friend egg hunt planned for later that day. 

We did some yard work, and spent most of our afternoon in Lowes. I love this time of year. It makes me want to do so many home projects and get our house all in order. Spring cleaning fever is in the air!! 

Later that day we went over to our friends house and had an egg hunt for the girls. I seriously love these 5 little ones. They are so cute together! The husbands went out and hid the eggs and we had to make the girls patiently wait. It was very difficult! They were very Excited!! 



We got the call to have the girls come and the hunt was on!! 




Not prompted, June felt bad that Owen wasn't getting any eggs, so she went to go share with him! Such a sweet older sister! 

After the hunt, attempting to take a picture of them. 

Later that night we had a special talk about Easter and then we went out back because daddy had some special Magic jelly beans that we needed to plant. 

Then June watered them so that they could grow

We put the kids to bed and the set up Easter baskets and hid them 
Owen's Easter basket was themed with items that are meant to help him eat, since we are starting on real foods this month! And June's is themed for our trip coming up!! 


The next morning June woke up first thing and went to find our baskets. She helped Owen find his and brought it to him. He was more interested in eating the grass. No matter how far we put it from him, he found someway to get it... I think his big sister had something to do with that! 

We spent the morning eating candy and getting ready for Church. 
All of us in our new Easter Dresses and outfits. 

June is really starting to love Owen. I love how much she is interacting with him! 

Owen getting so good at sitting up on his own!! 

The Sun was a bit bright so we are squinting in most of these, but you get the idea



After church we got ready for dinner. We grilled and ate outside because the wether was so beautiful!! 
June went and saw what grew from her magic jelly beans! Bunny Suckers!
This was totally Dan's idea! 


The rest of the night was spent playing with the babes and eating so much candy!!! Totally worth it! 


It really was a fantastic Easter. I am truly grateful for this time of year. A time where we can dedicate more time and thoughts on our Savior and the sacrifice he made for us. Because of him I am able to be with my little family forever. Because of him I am able to learn new things and grow from my mistakes. I love my Savior for loving me so much that he died for my sins. What a magnificent amount of love he must have for us!  Happy Easter All! 

No comments: