Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Here's to Dad

A couple days late but still a very important post. All about Dad's. How incredible they are. How much they are NEEDED! It's a role that can't be replaced no matter how hard you try. I see how my children have their needs satisfied by Daddy that I, as a mother, just couldn't do. There is just something about a dad that makes them so special in our lives, and we are so grateful we have them in ours. 

First off.. I wanted to share this video from lds.org. It is my FAVORITE Mormon Message video. Still to do this day. I watch it all the time and every time I do it brings me to tears. It's just so good to have an Earthly Father and knowing I too have a Heavenly Father. That they both love me very much. So HERE is the video. I encourage you to watch it. 

Our Father's Day was a good one. I think Dan enjoyed the day celebrating what he does so well at and that's being a dad. I can't even express how much he loves these children of his. It's not anything he has to say. It's in his actions, and his expression of love to them. 
We spent the morning letting Dan sleep in and making him breakfast. Then June decided he had slept long enough and crawled in bed with him telling him to "Get up, get up, get up!!!" He was up and played until church. 



 Dan taught June this awesome smile, that she now does every time you tell you to smile! He loves teaching her those kinds of things. He's just one of the good ones. And I can't help but say how INCREDIBLY lucky we are that he's all ours! 

After a very active sunday... (our Sundays are always go go go because of callings) 
We headed home and realized my car was about to hit the whopping number of 100,000 miles. It started off with 36,000. We have traveled a lot of miles over the years. So we pulled over to snap a picture

We came home and really started our celebration. I made sure Dan did whatever he wanted! It's his day... But June really wanted to open gifts so that was next...
June and Owen got Daddy a golf mat that floats in the pool that you chip too. It's pretty fun and kind of hard. Dan was a pro but I couldn't get a single ball on it, but it will be fun for the summer and pool parties. 
I got Dan a bunch of new grilling stuff like a grill thermometer, a grill cookbook and lots of different seasonings. Also new tools for the grill. Along with a book about the truth about raising kids from a dads point of view... I'm excited for him to read it! 

I took it upon myself to work the grill without any help. I let Dan enjoy his new golf putt on the pool, and really sit back and relax. 
To me Father's Day is all about grilling. So I had made a steak and potato dinner. I'm still learning how to grill properly on our new grill. It's just too fancy. And I wasn't all that great on our old one..so I may have completely dried out our steaks and made jerky, haha I failed that aspect of dinner. Then We got dinner going a little late and Otis had had it and was ready for bed. That's why he's screaming in the photo. So I let Dan eat with June while I put OD to bed. We did attempt to eat outside though. It was such a beautiful day so we wanted to enjoy the sunshine as much as possible. 


I really really am so grateful for Dan and what kind of father he is. He is so kind and patient with our kids and that isn't always an easy task. He is always willing to play no matter how exhausted he is when he get's home from work, and truly leads our home with love of the gospel. I can't express enough how much I love him as the father of my children. He is simply incredible and the best for our little family. 

So to my dad: Just so full of life and just genuinely happy. I honestly have never met someone to happy about life, even when it sucks sometimes, he finds a positive out of it. My dad is an incredible example to me and has been from the moment I can remember. He is where I have learned to be myself and love life for what ever may happen. He is so unselfish and would give anything to make my mom or his children happy. And he has. I know only of some of the great sacrifices he has made to make our lives better growing up. As a dad he has put up with a lot raising 4 daughters and could write a book about the 100's of different places bobbi pins could hide. He's found them all around the house. He's inspiring and no matter how old I get I will always need my dad. 
Love this man!!

Now for my Father in Law:

I love this man. 
Over the past 7 years that I have known him he has been so genuinely loving and kind! He welcomed me into this family with open arms, and not just because he had too because I married his son. I very much look up to him and I learn a lot from him. I see Dan in him more and more and I am really ok with that. I am grateful for his support and the out pour of love from him. He too is one of the good ones. One of the really good ones. 

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!! 


1 comment:

Cisneros Family said...

Dan is awesome!! I'm glad he had a good Father's Day!