Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Little Elm

I don't usually do a designated post for a weekly activity we do, I just throw it in there with the random photo posts, but there were too many photos and I figured it was our first trip out there this summer so it was deserving...

Little Elm is a Sandy little beach off the a lake and it is so much fun to play in. The water is warm, the sand actually is sand and not just tiny rocks, which some Texans seem to think is sand.. it's not, trust me, I'm married to a geologist and I know all about what makes sand, sand! 

We love it here. It's about a half hour away so we don't go all the time, but it's definitely a regular spot on our summer to do list. 

I loaded up the car and then met our little friends at the beach around 10. 

I built a little make shift shade spot for little OD, just so he wasn't baking in the sun all morning long. He didn't seem to mind it under there until it was nap time... He wouldn't lay down because it was A. Super hot, and B. windy, which means constant sand blowing in the little guys face. I just held him though and let him take a nap on me. Can't complain too much about that. 

We played and played and played. All of June's little friends are drawn to Makenna. They just love her, and June loves her. It's a good thing too because she will be June's teacher in the fall! Makes June starting preschool a little more easier and not such a tear jerker. 

splashing and laying in the sun with Emma and Liam 

Emma kept turning her head to look at Owen and he was loving it. She is such a little sweetheart!


Sun babes

I might die of the cuteness of June's face in this picture.

Our plan was to just stay until lunch time, but everyone was having so much fun we ending up staying until 2. A solid four hours in the sun wears anyone out. It was a quiet ride home, but as soon as we got to the house, June wanted to go swimming in the pool. I decided it would be best to take a break from the sun for a while and enjoy some indoor activity time. Owen went down for a nap and June was playing quietly in the playroom, so I went and got into the shower. 

I had NO IDEA I got so burnt! It wasn't until I was taking my swim suit off and saw in the mirror how bad it was. I did put sun screen on. The spray kind, and as you can tell I did a really good job at rubbing it in... NOT! Total fail. I have a nice splotch on my shoulder where the sunscreen was and a nice line running down my arm. Real nice. Good job me. 

It was really fun and though sand was everywhere, and seems to still be... can't get it all out of my ears, it was a very successful trip to Little Elm Beach and I can't wait to go again! 

No comments: