Sunday, June 22, 2014

Let the Countdown begin

Well. Brent and Suzan Mendenhall are officially President and Sister Mendenhall for the next 3 years. It's finally here. I can't believe it. It's been such an exciting and scary and sad time watching my parents prepare for an up root in life and serve so selflessly to 100's of young missionaries. 
My parent's said goodbye to their house on Thursday and headed down to Utah where they would enter the Missionary Training Center (M.T.C) on Saturday. 

Friday, they met up with Elder Oaks, an Apostle of the LDS church and Elder Christensen, a member of the 70. Some of my siblings and my Uncle were able to be there with them to be set apart. That is where a special priesthood blessing is given to my parents that officially gives them specific blessings to their calling as mission president.  I wish so badly I could have been there. 



Saturday they entered the M.T.C. I have a feeling it was a bit different then what a missionary goes through. They got to go to a movie "Meet the Mormons" and chow down on popcorn and soda. Not to bad of a life style... 
I seriously LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing their missionary name tags on. It just is finally real and I cannot wait to hear all about their experiences and plus go visit as much as I can. They are such incredible people! 

They learned that there are spanish speaking missionaries in the mission that they cover. Which means some spanish will need to be learned! They just learned that. haha the unexpected surprises are already started. 

They will be in the M.T.C until the end of this week and then they head to Colorado. 

I know I have said it A MILLION TIMES and I probably won't stop! My parents are so amazing and I am so beyond grateful for their example. I know they are only in Colorado and I can still call and text them as much as I would like, but there is just a different spirit now, and I love the thought of writing them letters, and telling June and OD all about their missionary grandparents. How they are leading the missionaries. It's such a sacrifice, but an incredible one. It already sounds so incredible. I love President and Sister Mendenhall and all those missionaries will too!! 
Let the countdown begin! 

No comments: