Saturday, September 27, 2014

General Womens Conference

Tonight was the General Womens Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

I have been to a lot of these, but tonight was by far my favorite. I have to write down my thoughts about tonights meeting and share with you on my little corner of the internet before this spiritual high fades that I felt tonight.

I basically had tears in my eyes the whole meeting. Every talk given, I just felt it was so personal to me. The main theme of tonights meeting was about the Temple and being prepared... but it was so much more.

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, an Apostle in our Church, was the last to speak. His talks and messages are always amazing... so obviously everyone was excited for him to speak tonight. Of course he did not disappoint.
     Tonight he shared a lot of powerful words that uplifted me to my core, but my most favorite was how he said 'Our Heavenly Father loves us. He knows us, the real us. Heavenly Father does not care about how fashionable we are, how many likes we get on Facebook or Instagram, how we look, our makeup, how popular we are... So on and so forth. Our Heavenly Father loves us.'


   I know my Heavenly Father loves me. I have been taught that my entire life. but it's so easy to get caught up into all of that stuff. REALLY EASY! I admit I am one of those people that get caught up in it. It's a love/hate relationship I wish I could fix. I also have my weaknesses, my fears, my judgments toward others and myself, and I sometimes lose the feeling of love that I get from my Heavenly Father. I get caught up in the World. I take being LDS for granted, and how dare I say that I am not enough... I have SO SO SO SO much to be grateful for. The blessings in my life have been beyond more than I deserve, but my Heavenly Father, despite my struggles, my weaknesses, my wrongs. He still gives me constant blessings and loves me.

I can't even tell you how I felt when he shared this with us. I already knew this, but it also felt like I was hearing it for the first time. It was a great reminder. I am far from being perfect. I doubt myself all the time. I tell myself I'm not enough,  but tonight I feel like I am enough and more. What matters is I am teaching my children the importance of prayer even if June repeats the same things every night, The importance of scripture study, Though we are constantly interrupted by the kids, and the importance to remember that Heavenly Father loves us.

With tears in my eyes I tell you I truly believe in Heavenly Father and his plan. I believe his promises that are made to each of us and that one day we will return to him. I am so grateful for his blessings to give me so much, though I can't ever repay him, His love is constant and never failing. I know I am loved by my Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your testimony les! You are amazing!!!!