Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Owen at 11 Months


Dear Owen, Chubs, baby Owit, brother, baby, 
First of all let me say how sorry I am for how sad your board is looking. You have really taken to the letters these past couple of months and well... that resulted in losing the "O" completely and the H is about had it as well. I think it might be time to get a new one. 

11 months old. I can honestly say that the time has gone too quickly my boy. Much faster than it did with your sister. You have just become this little playful thing that wants to explore everything. You are always looking for the next new thing to play with. You are much more into climbing things and throwing toys or really whatever you can get your hands on. You definitely keep me on my toes and I love you for it! 

You love to follow your sister around, and also shut doors but this means you get shut into rooms quite a bit, and you aren't a huge fan of that. June usually comes to your rescue when she sees a door shut. 

You have learned how to clap your hands and shake them when we are singing songs which is just my favorite little thing you do. You play so mud with objects around you. You are a very self entertaining child, and when mom needs to get some things done I very much appreciate it! 
Your schedule has been pretty good. You are teething heavily right now and not liking sleep when you are in pain. You tend to bang your head against the crib when your teeth start to ache but I give you some advil and you tend to feel better and sleep. You still shove your blanket into your face when you sleep. It's just a thing you might never grow out of. Don't worry, I'm 27 and I still sleep with my blanket. Yes... your dad hates it, but loves me, so he has accepted it! hahaha 
You are eating a lot more solids now, like bananas and chicken.. some of your favorites. You haven't really refused any foods yet. You do like some more than others but usually will eat anything thats put in front of you. You take about 3-4 bottles a day. I am a little worried about weaning you off the bottle next month. We will see how it goes... I'm not really one for letting the bottle or pacifier go past the first year so... we will see. 

You are wearing size 4 diapers and are in 9-12 month clothing depending on the brand. You have grown a lot. Your features are starting to change and become more toddler less baby. Your little chub is slowly fading and it makes me sad and excited all at the same time. I know what fun things are in store for you and the adventures that you and your sister are going to have. I can't wait to watch you two grow. You both are starting to play together. It's already fun to watch you interact... 

Baby boy, I love you. I simply do. You will be a year next month and that just blows me away. I want time to slow down, but really I don't. I love watching your discoveries and I always wonder and pray about your future. I hope you realize how much love you have in this home. How grateful we are that you are apart of it. I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for your smile and out reaching arms when I go and pick you up. There is nothing more heartwarming to a mother than that. 
I love you so much sweetheart.

Love, Mom 


No comments: