Thursday, March 10, 2016

February Randoms in March

Before all the craziness of being sick, we were actually functioning quite well! Everything was normal and our day to day lives seemed calm (as calm can be with a four year old, two year old and a newborn) We have been enjoying our days just playing and finding random adventures. 
Again, I am behind on my random photo blogging, but at least I'm getting them on the blog! 

I went to go feed Kate one morning and June said that she needed to feed her baby too. She didn't miss a beat of how to feed a baby. Haha. She then burped her and changed her bum.  

Our tree beside our house has 100's of these little blue berry type things. June love to play with them and make potions outside. Well I decided to be a cool artistic mom and allow these berries inside and we would smash them to make cool patterns on paper. It was fun and the kids really liked doing it, but those stupid beads went EVERYWHERE!! It didn't help that Owen knocked over the bowl a bunch of times. I spent the rest of the morning cleaning up these little things. So with that said, they will remain an outside activity. 

Our weather has been so beautiful and warm. We have spent as much time as we possibly can outside. That includes picnics outside. June and Owen love playing in our front yard. June said its because there is so much to explore! 

Kate just continuing to win over our hearts 

I lay this bunny next to Kate just at random and when I come back to check on her, overtime her little arms are wrapped around this bunny. It also weirdly calms her down when I place it by her face. She loves it. So we always make sure to have bunny around.  

She seriously just grabs bunny and snuggles him. 

June celebrated Presidents Day at her school. They finished the week of with a parade around the school. 



She just feels so grown up here. It kills me, but I am so grateful I get to watch her grow and learn! 

She is just my little chunk! 

One warm day, June decided it was time to lay out some towels and have a pool day.  The water was still freezing!! Though it didn't stop her from taking her pants off and splash around. She laid out these towels for her and Owen to lounge on. 

One Friday afternoon we had to go downtown to get Kate's birth certificate, so we decided to make a day of it. We picked daddy up from work, got the certificate and then headed to Klyde Warren Park. 


I love being surrounded by the tall buildings but still have the fun of a park! It's one of my favorites. Plus the food trucks are so so good! 

It was warm, but we didn't expect the water park to be on. It was and the kids were loving it. They were soaked, so they ended up playing and riding him in their undies. 




They literally played in their undies. It's ok though, most kids were in nothing too. I think us parents underestimated how warm it actually was and that kids would be drawn to the splashing fountains. 

June is so in love with being Kate's big sister. June was "reading" stories to Kate one night and it was adorable listening to her. She is always singing to Kate and wanting to know how she can help. She's the greatest. 

First Sunday to church was the last week in February. I feel like I haven't been to church in the past three months. With having a baby  and then having everyone be sick it has really taken a toll on the church attendance. Don't worry Carrollton 4th ward. We aren't going inactive. 

Story time at our local library 

Finishing with a craft project 

This girl LOVES blankets. Just like my other kiddos. We are a big blanket family. When she is surrounded with blankets she is the most content. 

Helping make dinner one day 

Owen doesn't really like being held or comforted. In fact when I do get hugs and kisses from him, it's a miracle. So when He comes and sits on my lap to read stories and lets me snap a picture of us... I will take it! 

Um, I don't think you realize just how in love I am with this little lady. 

And these two. They are the best of friends and the worst of enemies. Sibling problems, but I am so glad they have each other! They always have a playmate even if they fight over the stupidest things... I love them and I love their relationship. I hope it continues to grow and be strong. 


Park days 

I see you. 

After being quarantined in the house for days, with everyone being sick... I snuck out and went for a ride. It was only for a half hour or so, but it felt so good! I needed to get out! 

Night time is the only time I feel like I can really focus on her. I always feel so bad but usually she is in the bouncer or swing, simply because I have two other littles who need me. So at night I try to hold her as much as I can. She usually falls asleep in my arms, and this will probably be a habit I will have to break with her. For now though, I don't care. she is spoiled and I don't care. 

Owen's back to his happy healthy self. 

Little Kate is slowly getting better. She is still coughing a lot but we are snuggling and trying to get all healthy! We are ready for a healthy house again! 
So there we wrap up February and are ready for another month full of Lancaster awesomeness! 

No comments: