Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Kate's Blessing

Kate was blessed on Easter Sunday, but instead of adding it to our Easter weekend, I felt it deserved a blog post of its own. 

Her blessing Day was a really good day. It was special not just because it was Easter, but because we had Dan's parents here, and even though we had 9 o'clock church, it wasn't a rushed morning, everyone was happy and content and I felt the Spirit strong. 

Dan gave Kate Alma Lancaster a beautiful blessing. It was from his heart and it was exactly what she needed. I fought back tears the entire prayer. I am so incredibly grateful for a husband who has the priesthood. That he can give our child such a special blessing on her life. I am grateful for Dan's parents for coming down from Canada for her blessing. It's tricky traveling internationally, and I am forever grateful that Dan's Dad was able to stand in that circle with his son. Family doesn't come out to visit us very often, and a blessing is also one of those things that's really not a reason to come. So It really touched my heart and made me so grateful to have Dan's parents here. I am grateful to have friends that can fill in the role as family as well. That we have those who surround us in love and love our children. 

Her blessing day was special. Kate is a special little soul. I already know it. She fits in as the third child perfectly. I feel like She was sent to us to keep the calm in our house. Man alive is she a good baby. 


The Lancaster blessing dress. Every granddaughter has been blessed in this dress, and then my mother-in-law embroiders all the grandchildren's names at the bottom of the slip inside the dress, along with the day they were blessed. I love it. We kept her in a pink bow to add some flare. It was Easter after all. :) 

And the Cheney booties. These have been in my family for generations and every daughter and granddaughter have worn these special little blessing shoes. 

The Lancaster Clan 


Our little Lancaster Family. Pure Joy and pure craziness in every way. 

My heart is so full. It's so overcome with love and happiness. This life brings me so much joy and I am forever grateful to my Heavenly Father for blessing my life with such love.

Happy Blessing Day Kateorade. We love you more than words can be said. 




No comments: