Thursday, July 14, 2016

4th of July

Our 4th was good and simple. I really wasn't in the partying mood, since just getting back from Utah and plus big news and big responsibilities for me from our Church, so my head was more focused on that. I needed to keep it simple this year. We invited over our friends the Motts over and it was perfect. They are super low key and it was exactly what I had in mind. 

The night before the 4th, we had a HUGE thunder and lightening storm. Tree's were knocked down all over the place and lots of power outages. We thought our Wards morning breakfast would be canceled but it still happened. It actually was great, because the kids didn't mind getting wet from the rain, and us adults just stayed covered. The weather was cool due to the storm. It was weirdly enjoyable to be outside in July. 

We had a kid parade that Owen and June rode their bikes in. 


After the parade, it was just starting to warm up and get humid. I quickly went for a run before it got to hot and sticky outside. It was a HOT run still! 

Then I snuggled and played with Kate for a bit before getting ready for our friends to come over. 

Our Friends the Motts actually have all three of their children pretty close in age to our three children. Including the newest additions to our families Ike and Kate. Only six weeks apart. 

Own isn't too fond of our big pool, so we got a little pool that he enjoys much more. He mostly just likes to fill it up with the hose. It keeps him happy, so whatever. 

We blew up water balloons. The kids had them all popped within 10 minutes 


I liked all the baby stuff that was out. 


These two were loving jumping off the edge in their tubes. 






The five of us. 

We swam the afternoon away, grilled hamburgers and hotdogs, had some delicious sides and dessert, then called it a day. The Mott family headed home and we showered and got ready to go to the fireworks. 

We headed down to Los Colinas where Dan works, to go watch the fireworks. He has access to the top of the garage building. We parked and waited for the fireworks to start. 

We played outside and walked around 


Owen fell asleep on the way to the fireworks so he missed all the fun. We figured he would fall asleep. That was one of the reasons we chose to go to a place where we could watch the fireworks and our car could be close. 

The fireworks were great. June loved them and then she got off of Dan's shoulders and made friends with this little girl there. They played for the remainder of the show. June makes friends super easy, wherever she goes. One of the many things I love about her. 

We then headed home, got the kids to bed, and Dan and I enjoyed the rest of our night. 

It was a fun 4th. I am grateful to be an American. With so much happening in the world around us and the cause for people to flee their Countries, I can't help but be humbled by the simple knowledge in knowing that I am free, that my children are free and that we are able to have all we do because of those who fight for that freedom. I guess that includes the choice to marry someone not American. Haha 

I'll let June's words end this blog post: 
"I love America, but I love Texas more" -June 


No comments: