Friday, July 22, 2016

Kate at 6 Months

Dear Kate, Kateorade, chub chubs, Katey (Only Owen calls you that), Sweets,
You are six months old today! How is it that you are already that old?! We feel like it went so fast, but yet, both your dad and I feel like you have been apart of our family forever. We are just so happy that you are apart of our family! 

At six months you are the chubbiest little thing. You wear size four diapers and are wearing mostly 6/9month clothes and some 12 month clothes. You are definitely my chubbiest baby! You LOVE to eat! Haha. We have started giving you little tastes of foods here and there. Like ice-cream and chocolate. You are the third child. Things are a little different for you. We seem to be taking a different approach with you, sweetheart. I just think that we know more of what we are doing as parents and that not everything has to be perfect or exactly by the books. We are much more laid back with you. I take advantage of holding you more while you are napping instead of letting you sleep in your crib, You take a lot of your naps in your car seat or at the gym play place and so far its been completely bliss from you. It's working for us and this whole go with the flow thing has made a much less stress household for all. Thanks for being such an easy going baby!  

On that subject, Kate, you literally are the happiest baby I have ever known. Even people comment on what a constant happy baby you are. When you cry, your needs are easy to meet. You just are such a little pleasure and make having three children, dare I say, easy?! I thank you for that. It's so easy to be your mom. It's easy to just love on you. I couldn't even think of things that you didn't like, because you just rarely cry. I guess you get mad when your hungry and I can't get to feeding you right away, or when Owen gets in your face too much. But thats about it. 

I hope you grow to know, how much your brother loves you. You are the only one who he shows so much love for. He simply cannot get enough of you. He asks every time when you are sleeping, when you will wake up, so he can play with you. He wants to be by you ALL. THE. TIME! It's pretty adorable! 

You are growing and learning new things all the time. You LOVE sitting up and being in your bumbo and exer-saucer. You are starting to not like your bouncer so much because you aren't sitting up. You like being apart of the action. 

You blow constant bubbles with your mouth and you are just like your other siblings and LOVE your blankets. I think you are teething because everything is being chewed on now days. Like I said before you are such a pleasure!! Your dad calls you that all the time and I love it. 

You are waking up around 7:30-8ish and then going down for a nap between 9-10. Depending on the day and what we have going on. You take about an hour nap and then you are ready to play. I guess you aren't really on an eating schedule. I know your hungry cries vs. your other cries, so I just feed you when your hungry. You are still going strong on nursing (you are my longest nursing baby) but you take bottles too and we are giving you formula bottles if I'm just not quite producing enough that day. 
You take a nap between 2-3pm, also depending on our schedule, and you take a LONG afternoon nap. Then you hangout in the evening until around 9ish, then it's off to bed. Like I said we are taking a whatever kind of approach, so sometimes you sleep in your crib and sometimes you sleep in the pack n' play in our room. Let me tell you that we were pretty strict on sleeping schedules and all that with both your brother and sister. Turns out no matter what we have a great sleeper and a horrible sleeper. So we figured we will do what we want with you and what works for us. Sometimes I just really miss you and want you in our room. Maybe it's because you most likely are our last, so I'm trying to suck it all in or maybe it's because I'm a little older or maybe lazier and just want to enjoy you. 
We haven't sleep trained you, so you're still waking up in the middle of the night. I don't mind so we hangout for a bit and then back to bed. 


Things are just flowing little lady. You don't really like being alone. You aren't alone a lot because of your brother. He RARELY leaves you alone! And  he can really get you laughing or crying. It's constant battle for him. But oh how he just wants to make you giggle and be happy. I wish you could see how concerned he gets when you are upset. It's a bond that I believe will last a life time.


You're smiling like crazy!
You're rolling over like crazy!
You scoot like crazy! 
We LOVE you like crazy! 

You  pretty much are the greatest little thing and we are so happy to have you in our family. You just make us Lancaster's all that much better. I love you sweetheart. I love every dimple, roll and bubble blowing kiss you give me. You always bring a smile to my face.
Thanks for being so awesome!
Happy six months little lady!

We love you so!
Love, Mom 

No comments: