Saturday, February 25, 2017

Be My Valentine

Quick Note- Dan took the older two to the new Lego movie today, so it's just me and Kate at home. It's so quiet and I am able to get so much done! It made me think back to when it was just June and me everyday! It was so easy!! It made me miss it a bit.  


Our Valentine's this year was pretty basic and simple.
Dan and I celebrated the previous weekend, simply because it's easier finding a babysitter on a weekend than a week day. We celebrated 10 years since our first date! 

We made valentines for daddy the day before 

It's no secret that Dan and I love playing lotto tickets. We really don't play to win. It's just fun! Dan gets me a bouquet of flowers for Valentines and I got him a bouquet of lotto tickets. :)

On Valentine's day, June had school and so we went about our business as usual. When I picked her up from school we drove straight to daddy's work and delivered our Valentines to his co-workers. This was our 3rd year of doing it. The kids love it and they love seeing daddy's offie.  


The kids got to play in daddy's office for a while. Spinning chairs and all. They didn't want to leave! 


When we got home it was late enough in the evening, that the kids just played before dinner. June was putting on a show for me with all her Valentines that she got at her school party. 

I sent the kids off to play in their rooms while I set up all their little Valentine surprises. It's nothing big, just some candy and a few coloring things, but it makes their day! 

For dinner we made our traditional heart pizzas with heart grapes and heart strawberries. I forgot to take a picture of the fruit. Silly me. 
The pizza's were a huge hit as always. 



After dinner we really went on with our night as usual. Dan and I had our gym night together, so we worked out and then enjoyed the rest of our night! 

The next day Owen had his Valentine's party! I was able to attend that since I was in charge. 
He was so excited to have me there! He was showing me all around his classroom and introducing me to his little friends. He was so cute!! 

For our craft we made little Valentine monsters. There are all boys in his class, so I figured monsters were a good fit. 



Owen has the best smile, but it cannot be forced! He smiles when he wants to smile. That is it! I can't wait for his actual class pictures in a few weeks! 

We had donuts and fruit as their snack before heading out to the playground. Owen's favorite treat is donuts so I thought it was fitting!

Me and my little buddy. I love these little moments like this. When his sweetness overtakes all the crazy and it's nothing but pure love! 

No comments: