Sunday, June 8, 2008

A MINUTE TO BREATH!

Let me just start of saying that this week was CRAZY, STRESSFUL, AND CRAZY! I can't even begin to express how happy i am that this week is over. To start off Dan and I were staying at my parents house, watching Izzard the dog! that actually ended up being fun, but it just goes down hill. This week was midterms, and I had a pretty good handle on things, with doing a lot of work the week before. So everything that was due, was

My Advertising portfolio, (my work throughout the whole semester)
A ten page, single spaced midterm(totally sucked)
A two page single spaced, Sociology midterm
An Advertising Midterm
A 3 page case study
A baking midterm with math. Couldn't use calculates for the converting. I don't do math
A Sociology presentation
And Last but not lease, and Advertisement i had to create for my product.

So uh it was a really busy week, like I said I had a lot to do, but I had kept on top of things, and had most of it done by the weekend, So i was pretty happy. Until......
I LOST EVERYTHING!!!! All my work was saved on a stupid white jump drive, and i lost it! I searched High and low! every paper, every portfolio page that I had worked on everyday through out the semester. For those who know advertising, It is literally impossible! I just melted to the ground, so i called Dan and he made me feel better, and I called Megs and vented to her for a while and then started all over. I had two days to put a semesters work into InDesign and re-work all my ads. all my papers, plus study for 2 midterms.
The week just wasn't good, and to top it all off I got pulled over! yup I was just so fed up with the day that well i ran a stop sign, and a cop just had to be there. I should have known. The week was HE**(I can't swear on the blog).
So after a long day of work, and living in the Spori lab trying to recover everything, I got home and the most beautiful rainbow appeared right in the back of my parents yard.














It was the most beautiful rainbow I have ever seen. It was a full one, and you could literally see every color, and then on the outside was a small brim of another rainbow. It really was so pretty!
I can't even explain the feeling of piece and calm that i felt just looking at it. I just felt better. It was like a little bit of heaven right in my back yard. It really made my day, and from there things went up hill. I ended up getting my portfolio done, I have no idea how, and got a 92% on my advertising midterm. I was excited about that! So that was a great week for me. ha ha

So Dan had a really busy week too! he went to the Grand Canyon on a school field trip four four days! I am so happy that he is home. You don't realize how much you want them there until they are gone.
This is the Grand Canyon that Dan got to see. Dan said it was Grand. 4 people a year fall in. (Those were Dans words)

This is Dan looking over the Grand Canyon!

Dan is now home safe and sound, and back into my arms! I couldn't be happier, and happy the week is over! Its a great feeling!

4 comments:

The Mendenhall's said...

I am so glad that you got the week over with! I didn't know you had such a bad time. That sucks. Now you can relax. And everyone is comming home this weekend! yea!

Meg said...

STUPID DAN... why are you so close to the edge.. I love the picture of mom and dad's back yard... it makes me miss Idaho ;-( and you of course. So glad dan is back safe and sound..Barely though again stay away from the edge.

Rasmussens said...

I love you lots.

Marcy Cheney said...

I absolutely love the rainbow in your Mom and Dads backyard--how amazing was that?? I have to agree with Megan about Dan being so close to the edge tho, but what a great view! I hope your schedule lightens up a bit for you now with finals over. Have a great summer. Love ya...