Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Tribute

My sis, megs is leavin her New York Home for another adventure. Her last day is today and so i thought that I would share a little tribute to the NEW YORK MEGS!
I wrote a poem for her and I hope she likes it, I call it GOODBYE NEWYORK: by Lesli Lancaster

My sister is leavin New York
She will miss eating sushi which doesn't need a fork.
The stupid person who stole her laundy soap
will fall, and catch shigellosis, I hope!
We all hope she finds another whale to sit on,
and that her and joe get a real bed, not a wonton
She can run a Chicago marathon with a cape,
use real grocery bags, not duct tape.
I bet Canal Street will go broke,
We sent her there so many times that she is our purse hulk.
New York won't be the same without the Porter fam,
Fresh Direct will miss delivering her ham.
Girls night out will continue w/new friends
and coming to Idaho in the newest Chicago trends.
She won't ask whats that smell? Pew
but like Billy Joel said:
"No matter where you go in the world, You never really leave New York, & it really never leaves you"

Megs Chicago is going to rock!

3 comments:

Meg said...

oh les, my eyes are full of tears. This absolutely made my day!! This poem I will take with me forever!! I love you and thank you for the award winning poem ;-) xoxoXo

Marcy Cheney said...

What a great poem and I know Meg will love it. It's so fun to see how close you are with your sisters and I know that Chicago will never be the same once Meg gets there!!! Love ya...

Cisneros Family said...

Totally Awesome poem. I even have a few tears running down my cheeks. I don't know what is more sad, Meg leaving the place she loves most, or not having a free place to stay in NYC. JK- Love you les, and meg.